In this key post, youll support a Team Leader to organise and motivate a specialist Infrastructure Maintenance team. Well look to you to make sure work is carried out safely, efficiently and in line with exacting standards. Youll personally carry out all kinds of work from maintenance and renewal through to inspection and faulting.
Whats more, youll act as Team Leader when the job demands it. This will see you establishing safety arrangements, controlling and checking quality of work, making sure staff have the appropriate competencies for the task at hand, and ensuring vehicles, plant, equipment, tools and material are fit for purpose. Its a crucial frontline role, which calls for a resilient approach. Working on a shift basis, youll maintain the same high standards at all times of day, in even the toughest weather conditions.
· Experience of arranging and implementing safe systems of work
· Knowledge of how to organise and control the safe and efficient delivery of work
· Strong communication skills, both in person and in writing
· Knowledge of discipline-specific maintenance, inspection, faulting and renewal techniques
· Willing and able to work shifts in all weathers
· Meet the required benchmark for application screening questions
· Must meet required online testing benchmark
· Hold or be working towards an NVQ level 1 or 2 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or have attained an appropriate level of knowledge through equivalent relevant experience
· Able to lead, motivate and direct a team
· Willing and able to drive vehicles
This role involves days, nights and weekend working, and is a safety critical role so subject to drug and alcohol testing and passing of the relevant medical assessment.
You must also be able to meet the required online testing benchmark score, in order for us to progress with your application.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
more details »