Youll be on the frontline, working shifts to deliver a variety of manual maintenance tasks. Whether your focus is on track, signalling or electrification, youll keep our assets in perfect working order. Which means youll pay a key role in keeping commuters and freight safe, and making journeys smooth.
This is a hands-on role, working outdoors in all weathers. Carrying out general maintenance, your range of duties will include everything from shovelling ballast to carrying out lookout duties for your team. Youll check all kinds of things, to ensure they are in great working order from vehicles and plant to equipment, tools and materials. In everything you do, youll work safely and efficiently. If youve got what it takes, well provide all the training, protective clothing and support you need to succeed.
· Experience of working in an environment where safety is vital
· Willing and able to work shifts, including days, nights and weekends
· A team player
· Conscientious, reliable and hard working
· Keen to develop new skills
· Good communication skills, both in person and in writing
· Meet the required benchmark for application screening questions
· Must meet required online testing benchmark
· To hold or be working towards an NVQ 1 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
· Willing and able to drive vehicles
This role involves days, nights and weekend working, and is a safety critical role so subject to drug and alcohol testing and passing of the relevant medical assessment.
You must also be able to meet the required online testing benchmark score, in order for us to progress with your application.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
more details »