To support the project management team in the everyday management of projects for which they are responsible, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), Railway Group, Network Rails company standards, and all current applicable legislation including CDM Regulations.
1. Work as part of a project team, assisting to deliver projects to time, cost and quality through various phases in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
2. Monitor and report programme and progress in accordance with project reporting systems and guidelines.
3. Develop and integrate effective support systems to enable the Project Manager to manage and control change.
4. Process contractor possession and isolation applications so that they applications are complete and submitted to the prescribed time scales as directed.
5. Monitor contractor performance indicators and provide periodic progress reports.
6. Support the Project Management team in providing a safe working environment at all times during the execution of those projects under their responsibility.
7. Manage generic and site specific methods of working and supply risk assessments to agreed timescales.
8. Monitor so that HSQE risk assessments have been carried out by the contractor, and monitor compliance.
9. Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
· Some management experience including project management.
· Educated to HND/HNC or similar standard.
· HSQE awareness, issues and principles.
· Membership (or working towards membership of) the Association for Project Management.
· A degree or equivalent.
· Knowledge of safety, quality, environmental, commercial and financial aspects.
· Understanding of possession planning.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: