QC Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Good maths/numerical skills needed with an interest in science/chemistry. Previous QC or manufacturing experience would be considered beneficial. Title: QC TechnicianLocation: West YorkshireSalary: £19,500 per annum
SRG is working with a family-run and well-established manufacturer of chemical construction products who have grown on average 10% year on year and a record 14% last year. Due to increased demand and production, they are now looking to hire several QC Technicians to join the lab team in testing raw materials and finished products. This role would be an entry-level position, ideal for someone with good maths skills and an interest in science, ideally qualified to GCSE or A Level standard in these subjects. Benefits: Permanent role in a company whose record growth is set to continue, with full training provided and future opportunities to get involved in project work for quality or product development. Offering 23 days' holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, matched pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus. Working hours: 6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm, rotating weekly. Role/Description
- Conducting quality control testing on raw materials, finished products and packaging following standard operating procedures
- Testing will include viscosity, density, gel time, dimensions, extrusion, specific gravity
- Ensuring testing, recording and reporting of results is to required standards
- Performing accurate calculations as necessary to adjust and amend formulations for the lab and the plant
- Supporting the Production team with batch formula adjustments and process condition changes to ensure product are within specification.
- Helping with daily lab housekeeping tasks
- Making sure equipment is well-maintained and calibrated
- Minimum GCSE qualifications in Maths and Science - A Levels, HNC, HND advantageous
- Interest in science
- Experience in a laboratory, QC or industrial manufacturing environment considered beneficial, but not essential
- Strong, practical mathematical skills and good written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a good work ethic
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided or email a copy of your CV to [email protected] For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. Keywords :
Mathematics, maths, chemistry, science, laboratory, wet chemistry, QC, quality control, lab support, production, GCSE,A Level, HND, HNC