Position: Payroll and Benefits Assistant
Salary: up to £32,179.68 per annum
Start date: ASAP
The British Medical Association and British Medical Journal are seeking a full time Payroll and Benefits Assistant to assist with the provision of an efficient and effective payroll and benefits service for approximately 1,000 employees.
You should have:
- Proven experience in a payroll processing routine of monthly payroll for 500+ employees
- Knowledge of current payroll legislation is essential
- Experience of responding to payroll queries from employees and able to source information where appropriate from external bodies such as HMRC and ACAS.
- Experience of using an integrated payroll and HR system, learn new systems that may be introduced. i.e Pension and P11d (Expenses and Benefits) submissions.
- Experience of preparing and issuing P45, P60 and other legal documents.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook and Google plus, Gmail and Google sheets.
- Be organised and able to work to tight deadlines, prioritise workload and to work flexibly to meet deadlines.
- High level of numeracy skills and be able to accurately deal with complex calculations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Relevant payroll qualification is desirable.
In return you will receive:
- 27 days holidays (increasing to 30 days after 5 years` service) plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary.
- Season Ticket Loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period.
- Additional Flexible benefits
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further in advance of your application please do not hesitate to contact Tashan Chong-Kan on 0203 6555508 or email@example.com
The British Medical Association is the professional association and trade union for doctors and medical students in the UK.