Job Title: Apprentice – IT Infrastructure (Level 3)Req ID: Locations: Wyton, Cambridgeshire Summary of Role
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity to kick-start a career within IT Infrastructure and the Secure Systems / Defence sector. The role will offer an Apprenticeship at Level 3 and will provide on the job training as well as requiring attendance at a local college. The role will be based at a secure site in Cambridgeshire where there is a Raytheon team, military and civil staff.
The primary objective of the role is to integrate as part of the Raytheon team and being trained initially in keeping the critical customer systems running. This role for the right candidate will ultimately lead to a career in engineering/project management. This will require working within our projects team who are delivering new capability for our customers.
It is important to note that the successful candidate will be required to obtain a high level of MoD security clearance (DV). Raytheon will provide full support for this and it will be discussed in detail with all applicants during the recruitment process to ensure full understanding of the checks and timescales.
This is a rare opportunity with fantastic development opportunities and future prospects which could lead to degree study on day release for the right candidate. Main Duties
In this role you will undertake training within IT Infrastructure with emphasis on the following:
- Intially working in the projects and Change team assisting with project delivery gaining valuable insight into project management
Technical Training in the following:
- Server Builds
- Workstation builds
- Network Security Devices
- Rack Cabling
- Incident resolution
- Infrastructure change tasks
- Completing infrastructure change documentation
- Training within the Service Delivery areas
- Assisting with Customer projects in addressing issues and problem solving
- Assisting existing on site staff and sub-contractors to deliver IT support
- Handling telephone support calls
- Handling incoming helpdesk emails
- Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales
- Working on resolving the 1st line support
- Working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to 2nd/3rd line support staff
About Raytheon UK
- Related qualifications in IT or Computer related subject (desirable).
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Demonstrated interest in IT
- Flexibility to travel to other Raytheon sites as and when required
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country. About Raytheon
Raytheon Company, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits
· 25 days holiday plus statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval
· On site canteen facilities are available at some sites, others offer free snacks and drinksDiversity
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon is a leader in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems, combining sensors and advanced networks to create entirely new ways of perceiving the world. Our Defence Intelligence Solutions (DIS) business is an industry leader in Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and a trusted partner for MOD. Over the past 30 years, Raytheon has developed a deep understanding of Defence Intelligence missions through its involvement in multiple UK and international programmes, and has the domain knowledge and mission understanding crucial to the success of our customers. In recent years, Raytheon has partnered with MOD to successfully overcome challenges and complexities. Raytheon's culture is that we stand firm on our customer commitments - we will deliver.
The programme is a very dynamic, information technology-focused effort with multiple subcontractors supporting an operationally oriented customer with numerous mission critical demands. The systems include a collection of infrastructure components of servers, storage, workstations, networking and printers, and also a number of image analysis, processing, storage and retrieval software solutions. The systems are deployed across a number of sites in the UK with a mobile field deployed component for use in the UK and abroad.
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Wyton