Our Bath branch which is located in Southwest England and famous for its natural hot springs and author Jane Austen. Bath's Newcross branch provides qualified nurses and care workers to the wider Somerset region.
Newcross is looking for passionate and caring healthcare workers. Does this sound like you?
Newcross Healthcare is searching for dedicated and motivated Support Workers to care for our service users living with learning disabilities in Wells, Shepton Mallet and the surrounding areas.
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay app feature enabling you to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £15.29/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Flexi Pay - 50% of the value of your shift
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
As a Support Worker you will...
- Provide high quality person-centred care and support to service users living with learning disabilities
- Assist with daily living tasks and clinical needs
- Helping service users develop new skills and relationships
- Support with any other services that will allow them to live as independently as possible.
You will ensure to uphold the Newcross values of trust, empathy and expertise when giving care.
You will need to have previous experience of caring for children and young adults living with challenging behaviour and learning disabilities.
- Flexible full time and part time hours with different weekday, night and weekend shifts to choose from
- Exclusive Employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with up to 30,000 discounts to choose from
- Free dedicated training programs earned through credits as you work
What you'll need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment will be in touch promptly
Take the next step today!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call [... Click Apply...]. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.