Community fundraising volunteer - Cash handling and banking (mobile role)Location: DundeeThis role is not office based and is undertaken in the local area.Commitment: The days required for this role are flexible
Are you an organised individual with a keen eye for detail and an appetite to get out and about in your local community? Could you spare a few hours a month to help the Red Cross organise their fundraising efforts in your local area?
You could be part of our team of community fundraising volunteers who support our local teams in fundraising events and activities. You would be helping by distributing and collecting tins in partner organisations, supporting local fundraising efforts and recording & banking funds raised.
Could this role be for you?
This may be the ideal opportunity for you if you are interested in gaining experience in fundraising. You will be developing skills in money handling and organisation while building relationships with stakeholders.
You will have the opportunity to travel between various locations providing support to the Community Fundraising team. Who are we?
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts. We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network.
Our local community fundraisers are a friendly and welcoming bunch, always looking to come up with fun and dynamic ideas to raise awareness and funds to support what we do. Who are you?
What could you do?
- If you are looking to join our team, we hope that you are:
- A trustworthy individual who is organised and efficient
- A strong communicator who can develop good relationships with our supporters
- A driver with full licence and own transport
- An enthusiastic team player who can work unsupervised when necessary.
- As a community fundraising volunteer, we might ask you to:
- Liaise with our local partners, placing collecting tins in their locations and maintaining our strong relationships
- Meet with our fundraising teams, collecting funds and organising drop off points
- Count, bank and record collections
- Use our computer database to process records
This is a mobile role requiring travel in your local area, with some tasks being undertaken in your local British Red Cross office or from home.
Reasonable travel expense may be paid in this role by prior agreement with the community fundraising manager.
Please ask for further details. What next?
We will then be in touch to provide further details on this role and next steps after you apply.