One of my best clients from over the years are growing even further this year and are now on the lookout for a System Administrator to join their team.
Main Responsibilities Required of the System Administrator:
- Administration of Windows server based service (managing backups, monitoring performance, troubleshooting issues etc)
- Managing the Azure services (monitoring, securing and maintaining) and working with other internal teams to move other services to Azure hosting (from a hardware solution)
- Providing the technical escalation point for internal support teams
- Manage the SSO solutions that are used by clients to connect to many of our services
- Communicating between internal support teams and operations & development teams
- Give timely responses to internal queries and ensure that all tasks are scheduled, and deadlines met whilst communicating at regular intervals about the task’s status to all interested parties
- Plan and manage code releases, ensuring minimal downtime or customer disruption.
- Be responsible for patching and firmware updates on all managed systems whilst aiming for minimal downtime or customer disruption (may require out-of-hours work).
- Helping to ensure that knowledge is shared, and that processes, procedures and tasks are documented
- Be part of the on-call team, providing system cover in the evenings and weekends
Key Skills Required of the System Administrator:
- Strong experience of Windows servers (extensive knowledge of configuring Group Policy and RDP)
- Familiarity with network administration of Azure Cloud hosted services (both individual resources and virtual servers in the cloud) and experience on how to secure this architecture
- Quick and eager to learn
- A thoughtful and logical approach to problem-solving and troubleshooting
Desirable Skills Required of the System Administrator:
- Hands-on experience of routers, switches and firewalls and general networking
- Familiarity with Linux server administration (using command line)
- Experience of configuring SSO solutions from a variety of identity providers (Azure AD, ADFS, SAML etc). Familiarity with Auth0 is a bonus
- Knowledge of VMWare
- Experience of vulnerability scanning and resolving issues discovered by this scanning
- Use of Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, Nagios, Advantage DB and SQL queries
- Previous experience of working in Travel related industry
The successful System Administrator will be paid up to £40,000 per annum.If interested, please apply immediately. We also offer up to £500 for successful referrals.