An exceptional new job opportunity has arisen for an motivated Sexual Health Specialist Practitioner to work with one of UK's leading health care providers. As a Sexual Health Specialist Practitioner you will be working in an exceptional medical clinic service within the Chester area.
This special service provide free and confidential sexual health services. Services include providing free information and advice on all types of contraception and STI testing and treatment. The service is confidential, non-judgemental and for people of all ages, genders and orientations.
As an Sexual Health Specialist Practitioner your day to day duties include:
- You will have a key role in the delivery of contraception & sexual health services to the population within the organisation and in provision of outreach services within the community.
- You will work in all areas of the clinical area and the role will include working independently within nurse delivered clinics as well as non health care venues and clients homes.
- The role will also include health education and promotion around contraception and sexually transmitted infections.
- You will keep accurate records of their clinical activity.
- Work through the clinic based competencies to achieve acceptable standards of care for patients attending the sexual health service.
- Maintain, update and develop personal and professional knowledge within the guidance of performance reviews and clinical governance
- Keep up to date with any relevant training and promote reflective practice
An ideal Sexual Health Specialist Practitioner must have these skills and experiences as they are beneficial for this position:
- Ability to work in a warm, sensitive, non-judgmental manner within an equal opportunities framework
- Ability to relate to service users and hard to reach and excluded groups
- Ability to communicate confidentiality to all service users and maintain it within protocol
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Positive attitude
- Relevant Contraception qualification e.g. R71 / 8103
- Relevant qualification or experience of GUM
The successful Sexual Health Specialist Practitioner will receive an excellent Band 6 salary. We currently have vacancies for both Full Time and Part Time positions available. In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
- 40% off Trains
- Discounts off products and holidays
- Access to Central online health and lifestyle platform
- Support around Mental Health
- Access to a Committed Learning and Development to further your progression
- Support with Clinical Training
- NHS Pension
To be considered for this position you must be qualified as a RGN registered with the NMC
Reference ID: 3862
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call Sharon Stuart on 01216380567 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org