Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Almost 8 billion people live on the earth today, a number that will swell to 11 billion by the end of the century. Addressing the demands of a growing and ever more fast paced population while mitigating the impact is at the heart of what Siemens does, making a difference to the flow of energy and the places where we work and live. Together we are part of crafting an-all electric world and building perfect places.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure comprises intelligent energy supply and building technology, with Siemens’ deep domain expertise in these two environments and digitalization as the foundation. In addition, Smart Infrastructure will focus on the point of connection between the grid and buildings, where a whole new world of solutions is growing – a new market from energy storage and electric vehicle infrastructure to microgrids and digital solutions.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 3 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering framework and earn your HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering and NVQ Level 4 in Engineering Manufacture.
Here is how the programme works:
* Year 1: You will spend the majority of your first year in college studying towards your HNC and NVQ Level 2 and we will begin integrating you into the Siemens community through work placements during the academic break. * Year 2: You will be working toward your NVQ Level 4 in the workplace and college will be on a 1 day a week basis at this point to complete your HNC. This is where the rotational element of the apprenticeship kicks in. * Year 3: You will continue to work toward your NVQ Level 4 whilst gaining further experience on your rotational programme.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
* Lead digitalization key business areas here at Siemens together with our customers. * Focus on areas that will shape the future designing electrical systems and products. * Become part of a highly skilled team and work closely with our engineers to create groundbreaking solutions.
Also, you will be supporting the Engineering Department with:
* Configuration of Intelligent Electronic Devices * The design of protection and control systems * Developing Functional Design Specifications and Test Matrices * System testing using software based tools and secondary injection test equipment * Identification and implementation of business improvements * Represent Siemens at STEM / local school initiatives
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
* You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving * You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions * You are a naturally curious person and you want to expand your skill set across digitalised fields * You can work independently, safely and responsibly; and you’re looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change * Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including maths and english language and you will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade B or above, one of which must be a numerate subject.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
* Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £16,500 at the same time (which will increment throughout the apprenticeship) as well as an annual bonus. * Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey. * Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company. * Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets, gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.