ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018. ENGIE are recruiting for a Technical Services Manager to be based in Delamere Street, Crewe CW1 2JZ. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a salary banding of £32,000-£40,000, dependent upon skills and experience.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage a team of mobile engineers for the Cheshire East Region, ensuring that all PPM and Reactive Works are completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with the contracted output specifications and ENGIE processes and procedures. The position is to ensure that all required Building Engineering services as per the Engineering Building strategy are carried out. Primary regards must be given to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality. The position requires an enhanced level of personal organisational skill with staff leadership
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- To take full responsibility for the management of the all engineering staff working across the contracts within the Cheshire East Region
- Ensuring 100% Statutory Compliance across all sites and that all engineering activities are completed on time and to the highest standard
- Ensuring all remedial actions are logged promptly for findings and that follow up works are carried out as per KPI
- Making sure that all Sub-contracted works are managed and carried out safely and in line with SLA
- Reporting directly to the Account Manager and answerable to the contract finance team to monitor expenditure against budget
- To continually review the quality of work being carried out by the engineering team and implement performance improvement plans where required
- Supporting the Account Manager in the management of the contract with specific attention to the engineering requirements
- Following all SHEQ procedures and ensuring that the permit to work system is being correctly administered
- Directly leading in the delivery of all team briefs, Safety Stand Downs and toolbox talks
- Leading by example, influence safety culture and best practice and be on hand for 1-2-1 coaching of direct reports
- Identifying and manageing the training requirements for the engineering team
- Interfaceing with the client / customer to ensure +80% customer satisfaction
- Provide technical support and advice as necessary to team and clients/customers
- Being proactive in the identification of additional work streams, projects and initiatives to support growth and improve margin
- Working as part of a wider team in the Region to elevate all service levels and customer experience
- Experience working with building services engineering in a similar building environment/business
- A recognised Apprenticeship
- Experience of working on equipment which covers more than one discipline
- Have both mechanical and electrical maintenance experience
- PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft applications. (Word and Excel)
- Ability to communicate at all levels and build effective relationships
- Ability to manage, motivate and control a team of engineers working closely with the help desk function
- Comprehensive commercial awareness and budget control
- Held a position as an Authorised Person for a technical discipline
- A leadership qualification equal to a HCD or ILM 5
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: Jan 9, 2020