- 40,165 P.A. ?
- Alexander Mann Solutions
Apply for this job
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client, a major UK retail bank, provides every day banking services to over 17 million retail customers. The banks expertise and services span across Business Services, Corporate banking, Wealth Management, Group Functions, Retail and Investment Banking.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a UX Designer for a 6 month contract based in Edinburgh.
Purpose of the Role:
The main purpose of the UX Designer is to be responsible for leading, inventing and designing compelling and pleasing customer experiences for a range of products delivered across multiple platforms from desktop to web, from mobile to tablet devices for both browser based experiences and native apps. Delivering consistent, efficient and enjoyable user experience designs.
As a UX Designer you will be responsible for:
* Define and extend the User Experience designs of client products, working closely with product owners, researchers, visual designers and development to create both new and extend existing products and features
* Development of high level storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas for both strategic programmes and streams of work
* Design of solutions that employ and improve the Client Design System (principles, standards, design patterns and styles centred around best practice, consistency and re-use)
* Ability to translate customer insights into designed experiences (then telling a compelling story around it)
* Use inputs from multiple sources to understand and empathise with customer and colleagues needs in order to craft effective and innovative customer/user journeys
* Participate in content and application audits including gauging the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change
* Champion of the best possible UX solutions, principles and processes
* Work with Agile project teams and key stakeholders to develop and own the delivery of user centred solutions within project timeframes and objectives
* Commission, specify and participate in user research/testing activities (both formal and on an ad hoc basis) using a variety of techniques and tools to elicit insight necessary to make informed and user centred design decisions
* Works with project stakeholders to help understand and define customer value, and collaborates with the delivery teams sharing user experience guidelines aiding them in defining and delivering their required outcomes. Participates in sprint/iteration planning, refinement, retrospectives/iteration reviews and other sessions as necessary
* Enables an open collaborative environment by building and maintaining deep relationships with project stakeholders, creating an environment where all parties can be open and transparent about what they value, want and need
* Promotes continuous improvement and looks for opportunities to improve in line with evolving new, cutting edge customer experience and user centric design methodologies
What we require from the candidate:
* Have an extensive portfolio demonstrating creative and analytical thinking and the delivery of effective UX solutions
* Extensive experience of delivering interface designs for use in high performance environments
* Significant experience in supporting User Centred Design (UCD) processes and creating material required to support effective user testing and concept communication
* An eye for visual interaction details, excellent creative skills and an ability to think creatively & laterally
* Disciplined UCD approach to their work and will be comfortable presenting their work and the rationale behind it
* Must be proficient with a range of interaction design and visualization tools such as Axure and Sketch
* Experienced in discussing and championing interface designs/thinking with product owners and developers, comfortable presenting their work and the rationale behind it
* Experience of leading strategic stream(s) of UX design
* Experience of responsive and adaptive design
* Experience of Agile delivery methods and teams
* Strong communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organisation with an ability to influence key stakeholders
* Able to deliver against tight deadlines
* Background in human-computer interaction or related field
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business
Apply for this job