Altran is looking for Systems Engineers of various levels to join the team in Stafford.
As a Systems Engineer with Altran, you will be fundamental to our ability to deliver to our customers and clients. Our customer expectations are high; as such we are looking for adaptive driven people to deliver on time to required quality.
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses. Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude. Above all, you will have a desire to progress.
Working within HVDC Systems. The tasks and responsibilities of the roles will cover all aspects of the product life-cycle, primarily focussing on the requirements and architecture. Subject to competency and experience, this could include any or all of the following:
* Requirement Elicitation from Stakeholder
* Requirement generation and management, in industry standard tooling
* System Analysis of technical requirements using modelling and simulation to provide technical and safety assurance
* Writing and approving technical engineering documentation, and associated change management processes in line with quality management system.
* Prepare and produce technical presentations to both internal and external customers.
* Identification and management of key project technical risks and decisions.
* Participate in integration and interfacing of design teams.
* Architecture and design of systems using Systems Engineering principles and processes.
* Development using Simulink including developer testing.
* (Desired) domain knowledge of HVDC systems.
Qualification and Education:
* A good first degree in an engineering discipline – or significant industrial experience
* Relevant engineering disciplines could include systems engineering, maths, physics, software engineering – the first degree is likely to be numerate and scientific
* Training and development is likely to reflect a multi-disciplinary background and for principal roles experience at a variety of different levels within a business
* Consistent in-service training demonstrating a professional approach to maintenance of skills
* For principal staff membership of a relevant professional institution with chartered status
Skills and Requirements:
The candidate will:
* Be able to deal with a wide variety of problems and devise innovative and practical solutions that balance the client’s needs against costs, schedules and risks
* Have excellent organisational, oral communication and written skills
* Work effectively both as part of a team and when working alone
* Have a high degree of interpersonal skills. You will have demonstrated your ability, and you will have the capability to represent Altran to clients and to the wider technical community, including interfacing with senior representatives of those organisations.
* Candidates will be able to demonstrate their commitment to quality and outstanding results
* A sound appreciation of the underlying principles of Systems engineering for complex embedded systems
* An ability to think analytically, rigorously and creatively
* Candidates are likely to be highly customer-focussed and have effective oral and written communications skills to a range of technical and commercial audiences
* An ability to carry out detailed justified work to commercial and technical requirements, and to be able to constructively criticise and assess others’ work
* Knowledge of industry-standard tools and techniques, and a critical appreciation of their strengths and weaknesses
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.