The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. We’re a collection of companies with a single vision: to power human progress with clean affordable energy for everyone.
The climate crisis is humanity's greatest challenge and the OVO Group organisations are all working together to lower our collective carbon emissions to zero. Would you be interested in joining us to help achieve this?
CORGI HomePlan’s Incredible Growth
We are a successful Insurance company, aiming to become a leading FinTech for energy insurance and installation of carbon saving products. In our 10 years of existence, we acquired 180,000 customers and are continuing to grow! We challenge the status quo and strive to provide better quality and pricing of home plan cover to consumers across the UK.
In 2017, CORGI HomePlan became part of the OVO family and began an exciting new journey with lots of opportunities. We are very ambitious - and we grow by innovating! The potential is huge: we can provide brilliant products and services to OVO’s 5-million customer base.
Our Technology team has a new home! Having outgrown the previous location, we just opened a brand new office right next to Edinburgh Haymarket Station.
We believe in simplicity, transparency and treating people and the planet fairly. But we also believe that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so that’s why we empower our people and always offer them the chance to share in our success.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
CORGI HomePlan is at a time of significant technological investment and growth. The current technology platform is undergoing a major overhaul as we build additional capabilities and features from the ground up. Our ambition is to build the next generation of insurance platform, that is at the forefront of user experience, creating best-in-class journeys for both our customers and our staff.
You will be joining a team passionate about developing a quality product following an agile development methodology. You will be encouraged to always be looking at the continuous improvement of our products, tools and processes, along with helping to guide the architectural direction of our platform.
What will I be doing?
* Create from the ground up the automated testing framework for CORGI Technology and all required processes.
* Define the technical components of the new automated testing framework
* Work with our Software and DevOps Engineers to integrate automated tests in our CI/CD pipeline
* Write and troubleshoot automation scripts
* Coach Software Engineers on automation tests, on our journey towards TDD
Do I have what it takes?
We are looking for excellent engineers and whilst experience is important, ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
It would be excellent if you have proven experience with:
* Leading automation testing on new projects and setting up automation frameworks from the ground up
* Spearhead an automated testing framework, with strong experience with producing test tooling and writing test automation scripts from scratch
* Automation testing of Microsoft Stack applications, Web-based applications, Web-services and APIs and/or cloud-based platforms
* Familiarity with E2E testing including setup and configuration (e.g. Cypress, Selenium, CodedUI, Protractor)
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo.
* A very strong engineering culture (read more: https://tech.ovoenergy.com/)
* Competitive pay + a great bonus scheme paid twice per year
* 4% flexible benefits on top of your base salary
* 5% matched pension
* 34 days annual leave
* A new office just outside Edinburgh Haymarket Station
* Flexible working hours
* A real commitment to your training and development
* & lots more!
Diverse teams are the best teams
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.