Passionate about working for the world's largest consumer goods company?
Who we are:
Skelmersdale Distribution Centre is responsible for fulfilling product distribution and co-packing activities for a significant percentage of the UK business. We take an entrepreneurial approach to growing the business by integrating many different requirements from across the P&G world.
You will join the Customisation, Point of Sale (POS) and Sampling department that is responsible for fulfilling a large part of UK customisation volume, POS material distribution and sample dispatch to UK consumers. Our team is renowned for working closely together to ensure that all members support each other to deliver outstanding service day in day out – we are committed to getting the job done right!
You will work in a fast paced and dynamic environment handling key business for the site and the UK marketing teams. As the Sampling Leader, you will take the lead in getting P&G products into the hands of consumer to give them a chance to experience the superior product performance and ultimately, grow sales. You will engage with our brand teams to define the latest requirements, before joining forces with our operational teams to execute the plan, ensuring that all sample packs are produced and dispatched. You will utilise your communication and collaboration skills to own relationships with external P&G partners, manage customer requests and deliver service requirements. We’re looking for great teammates who demonstrate agility and expertise to support other roles within the department so we can deliver maximum flexibility to a very changeable set of production requirements.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Collaborate with project owners to turn an idea into reality – ensuring product is delivered to the site, securing the best deal on delivery to consumers and designing the process to create the final package
- Manage the relationship with the brand teams to keep them up to date on progress of sample dispatch, work together to overcome any obstacles and understand improvements for future initiatives
- Build a network within the marketing team to bring new initiatives into Skelmersdale, improve the quality of the project and save cost for the company
What we offer you:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your work and projects from the beginning
- Leadership development and structured training programmes
- An opportunity for you to collaborate internally across P&G globally and externally for one of the most influential companies in the world.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
- A wide range of challenging assignments. We don’t just offer a job, we offer a career.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes a very competitive pension, life assurance, private health insurance, stock ownership scheme and other social benefits. To find more information about our benefits package take a look here: https://www.pgcareers.com/benefits
You are a good fit here if you have:
Application Deadline: 14th February 2020
- Strong interpersonal and account management skills and have experience working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Rigor in executing base systems according to standard and defined schedules and are relied upon to flag outages promptly.
- A proven track record of proactively seeking out process improvements and driving these to completion.
- Familiarity and facility with digital systems such as SAP and RTCIS and are able to execute routine processes, troubleshooting issues as the need arises
- Advanced capability with MS Excel as an end user for a range of macro-based tools plus familiarity with manipulation of order data within spreadsheets
- An ability to handle conflicting priorities with clarity and calmness under pressure. You’re able to clearly communicate the situation and identify barriers to success and potential actions to resolve.
Just so you know at Procter & Gamble #weseeequal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company;
Our people are all unique: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us.