To manage, control and develop the activities of the Facilities team and department to ensure that the quality and standard of service required by the Company are fully realised, and that all procedures are adhered to.
35 hours per week. However, due to the nature of this role hours may vary in line with the needs of the business.
Issue 4 (01/2020)
Areas of Responsibility
- Building Services
- Cleaning Services
- General Maintenance
- Vending Equipment
- Post Room
- Fire, Health & Safety
- In conjunction with surveyors and/or external contractors, to ensure that the company premises are of a standard as expected by the Company and in line with the terms of any lease agreement.
- Maintain a rolling three year Scheduled Maintenance Plan ensuring the most cost efficient methods are attained
- Maintain a rolling three year Building Refurbishment Plan ensuring the most cost efficient methods are attained
- To be responsible for and take the lead in any Tender exercise relating to building works, maintenance contracts and pass any recommendations to the Executive Board for consideration.
- Managing contractors and outsourced services in line with pre-agreed SLAs and KPIs as appropriate.
- To advise and contribute to rent reviews as required.
- Procurement of office equipment (excluding IT), furniture and mobile phones whilst maintaining and keeping an up to date Fixed Asset Register of all appropriate items.
- Procurement of office stationary and management of relevant suppliers.
- To manage repair & maintenance contracts for office equipment (excluding IT products)
- Managing costs relating to the maintenance & upkeep of buildings, fixtures and fittings and all items routinely purchased by the department.
- Liaising with key employees to assess the most appropriate method of supporting their function.
- Planning and co-ordination of office moves within the company premises in conjunction with required internal and external additional functions, such as IT and removal firms.
- Management of all archive and storage requirements.
- To effectively manage the operation of the Post Room
- Handling issues/problems/maintenance for hard services and utilities
- Ensuring that general small repair works are prioritised for the in-house maintenance team.
- Ensuring that any works which fall outside of the capabilities of in-house maintenance team are outsourced appropriately.
Fire, Health & Safety
- To act as the Company Health & Safety Representative to ensure that all areas of Fire, Health & Safety compile with relevant legislation
- As a member of the Health & Safety Committee to continually develop processes and procedures to ensure safe working environments for employees and compliance with appropriate legislation.
- Ensuring that the company has sufficient numbers of qualified first aiders
- Ensuring evacuation procedures are up to date and fire equipment is maintained and fully operational at all times
- Training of routine Fire, Health and Safety procedures to all new and existing employees.
- Preparation and proactive management of annual Facilities budgets in line with budget parameters to ensure maximum cost efficiency
- To be responsible for conducting appropriate cost benefit analyses for new or existing services to maximise cost efficiency
- To manage or assist with relevant ad-hoc projects as required by your Manager
- To complete all appropriate Departmental administration.
- Collating/producing the month end report and monthly stats for the department.
- To provide relevant reports to your Manager on a periodic basis.
- To carry out any other additional duties as requested by your Manager from time to time within the scope of your role.
- To develop and maintain Department and premises related procedures as required.
- Ensure 24hr emergency contact and attendance cover.
Issue 4 (01/2020)
- To be well presented, in-line with working within a corporate environment
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- NEBOSH certificate
- Professional qualifications leading to full membership of BIFM or equivalent
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Special skills & knowledge
- Evidence of working in a similar role within a customer service environment
- Demonstrable people management experience leading a team to achieve KPIs and objectives
- Risk management approach to functioning of office premises
- Business continuity planning
- Experience of space planning and project co-ordinator
- Strong project management skills
- Procurement of office equipment and supplies
- Good presentation skills
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Excellent written and spoken skills
- A good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to use CAD software for space planning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Confident approach to work duties
- Meticulous and thorough
- Able to attend out of hours in case of building emergency
- Current driving licence
Issue 4 (01/2020)