Care Assistant- Residential Care Home - BANK
St Philip's Care is dedicated to providing outstanding care to our clients which is why we have been named the most outstanding care group in the UK in 2016 and ‘The most improved Dementia Care Group in the UK’ in 2017 by the UK Over 50s Housing Awards.
Are you an experienced Carer or an individual with a genuine desire to enter the care arena or looking for a new position in an Elderly Care Home in the Dearne Valley?
Do you want to do your best for people and provide and excellent quality of care?
Don't worry about experience, we offer a full training and induction package including a City and Guilds Verified Care Certificate for those who require it. The successful person will be joining a close-knit, friendly team who offer a quality service and are passionate about delivering person centred care.
As a Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and providing the requirements for “normal” health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
- To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
- To participate in holistic caring activities.
- Care for all clients’ needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
- Read and act on the Care Plans of each client to promote continuity of care.
- To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
- Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition.
- Report to Senior staff any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors.
- To attend any in-service training arranged as part of staff development and mandatory training, which is a legal requirement.
As a Care Assistant it would be desirable to have:
- Previous experience of care work in a Hospital, Nursing Home or Residential setting.
- A Passion for Care of the Elderly