Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking to work for a national and long-standing Contractor? Due to current projects our client is now looking for a dynamic Quantity Surveyor to work on a project based in Sunderland and further projects nationwide. The role offers a competitive market rate salary plus benefits.
The 700 strong company offer build, facilities management, interior design services and civil engineering services to multitude of sectors across education, residential, commercial, civil, leisure, industrial and mixed-use. They have several offices across England and Northern Ireland with flexibility to work from different sites.
Role & Responsibilities
- Prepare, negotiate and analyse costs for budgets
- Ensure sub-contractors are pre-qualified
- Procure sub-contractors and preparation of sub-contractor order documents
- Assessing and certification of sub-contractor interim payments
- Advise on legal and contractual issues and advise accordingly
- Produce and present monthly Cost Value Reconciliation on projects
- Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by teams
- Assist in managing the Commercial team and supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors
- Ensure effective interaction between the commercial and operational site teams
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years as Senior Quantity Surveyor or Project Quantity Surveyor
- Experience across wide ranging sectors (not just residential)
- Preferably Degree Qualified
- Contract knowledge (particularly JCT & NEC Form)
- Excellent negotiation skills with commercial awareness
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to mentor Quantity Surveyors
What you get back
- £55,000 - £60,000 + Additional Benefits (Package negotiable)
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Flexible working
- Progression opportunities
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Job in Sunderland- Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 10940)
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: