This role is within our Claims Technical Team, the most senior claims experts within our Animal Health business. They are there to support all queries from Vets, Customers and Assessors. Due to their knowledge, background and expertise they work closely within the wider vet market and insurance industry monitoring changes in treatment and practice and what improvements can be made from a claims handling perspective. As guardians of the claims quality, they provide training content and delivery to all new joiners in the Claims department.
As a Technical Claims Officer your responsibility will include:
- Train and coach new starters in the claims assessment role
- Provide ongoing training to existing members of the team
- Keep existing training material updated and create new training notes when needed
- Audit claims that meet the audit criteria on our internal Claims system
- Participate in solo and group projects as determined by our Senior Management strategy setting
- Manage claims projects to help meet our department targets
- Be the technical referral point for claims assessors, Complaint Officers and other areas of the business, managing queries in line with our SLAs
- Work closely with Technical Underwriting to evaluate opportunities to improve our T&C interpretation or identify improvements to our product.
- Update claims with industry news
- Be responsible for the principles and quality of the assessing that is carried out by the operational side of claims
You should be educated to GCSE level or equivalent, including Maths and English.
It is essential that you have either veterinary industry or claims assessing experience.
Experience in training or coaching others desirable.
Project management experience desirable.
Must be able to think for yourself and work on your own initiative and work to deadlines, whilst also able to work collaboratively within the team.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A balanced decision maker willing to accept responsibility.
Someone who works well independently and as part of a team.
Someone able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines with strong analytical skills for data interpretation and an eye for detail. Able to apply good task planning skills with a systematic, thorough and logical approach to task completion.
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: