GB,Edinburgh|Professional|Full-Time | ID: 5584 Do you have the energy and drive to work for a market leader in renewable energy? We're looking for a team-focused and ambitious Sales Manager to join our UK team on some of the most challenging and complex deals in the industry. This is an opportunity to shine within one of the most dynamic regions in our business!SBU NCE > Sales North & West > Sales UK
Vestas UK is part of Vestas Northern and Central Europe. The Sales Manager will play a key part in the sales activities and the sales team in the UK, whilst being part of the sales team of the wider North & West region within NCE reporting to the Sales Director UK.
We are a multicultural team with multiple nationalities and take pride in our very collaborative and open-minded culture. Together with our support functions we are responsible to tackle some of the largest WTG projects in Europe.Responsibilities
- Take the lead during the preparation of tenders for Turbine Supply Agreements
- Lead negotiations of Turbine Supply Agreements with customers and their stakeholders
- Coordinate and facilitate tenders and negotiations. Project and manage the sales process throughout the bidding process, ensuring timely passage through the stages of the sales process
- Mobilise and manage the sales team according to team selling principles. Ensuring involvement of internal stakeholders during execution of the sales strategy
- Deliver on KPI's including customer satisfaction, sales revenue and margins
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Europe, such as: engineering, construction, legal, service, and finance
- Analyse customer needs and formulate Vestas value proposition, developing pricing and positioning strategies for customers
- Gathering knowledge such as competitor activity, support systems for wind energy and customers international activities
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics and/or Engineering
- Experienced senior professional with experience from the wind industry or energy sector, preferably with large infrastructure project transactions
- Previous experience in managing customers or driving business performance as a key account manager or business development manager, where you have demonstrated ability to handle large accounts and cover all aspects of doing business (sales, contract negotiation, project management, O&M and technical etc.)
- A good understanding of contract structure and working with FIDIC or similar types of contract. A competent grasp of contract law principles would be a strong advantage
- You will be an excellent relationship manager, adept at interacting with people at all levels of large multinational organisations
- You are an experienced negotiator with a proven negotiation skills record
What we offer
- You can demonstrate solid business understanding, and knows what it means to be "customer centric"
- You are trustworthy and show credibility by your actions
- You work structured in handling your daily tasks, able to handle complex issues and pay attention to detail
- You are used to leading by example and will set the direction of the team, communicating with conviction and credibility
- You thrive in a challenging and dynamic work environment, being a strong team player and high performing individual with the desire to win
- You are fluent in English (both orally and in writing) and have excellent presentation skills
- You work flawlessly with IT tools (MS Office, SAP CRM and project builder etc.)
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in a dynamic, flexible, high performing, fast moving and international work environment in the wind energy sector. We value initiative, trustworthiness, accountability, integrity and quality in all solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a diverse highly dynamic sales team, handling a large volume of projects with the goal of developing strong growth in one of the key markets for wind energy in Northern Europe.Additional Information
The position will be located at Vestas' office in central Edinburgh.
There will be some travel across the Northern and Central Europe region from time to time also.
For more information please contact Senior Recruiter Martin Whittle: 01925 857120.About Vestas
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.