We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our firm, working within the Property Services Group Southern Team, based in Cambridge.
Your role as a Principal within Hoare Lea will include work winning and delivery from both existing and cultivating new clients and assisting the regional lead the specialist delivery of the Property Services Group for the Southern Region.
A particular focus on work delivery to support local and regional clients.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and internationally. You will take the lead and deliver on small projects up to the value of a few £million, and support larger projects, with values of £100million+.
Projects span across sectors including Commercial Offices, Retail and School / Further Education.
Exciting projects to get involved in:
– Legal and General MAS Framework – Regional Support
– EDF Framework – Regional Support
– MJ Mapp Framework – Regional Support
What We Are Looking For
– Chartered status or working towards
– Strong technical knowledge in primary engineering discipline and relevant UK and applicable EU regulations, design guides, etc
– Good understanding of the secondary engineering discipline
– Manage projects to avoid technical and commercial risk
– IT literate with an understanding of relevant IT packages i.e. Amtec,, Microsoft office
– Excellent written and spoken English skills
– Excellent organisational and planning skills to effectively work to timescales and deadlines
– Extensive knowledge of contract administration, procurement and conditions of contract/ appointment
– Able to develop effective relationships with well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
– Proven track record in work winning and building successful teams
What We Can Offer You
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including. These include:
– Private medical scheme
– 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
– Contributory pension scheme
– Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
– Excellent IPD scheme and active support towards further professional accreditation
– Friendly and dynamic team working environment
– Working closely with people at all levels of the organisation
– Collaboration with MEP cost centres, specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
– Opportunity to provide input and lead the mechanical design at the early stages and see that through the detailed design stages and on site
– Opportunity for onsite involvement
– Opportunities for career progression
– Opportunities to work on International Projects
As one of the longest-established firms of its kind, we employ some of the most talented people in the industry. Our award-winning expertise has been built up over many years and we pride ourselves on our unique and unrivalled service.
We have a focused offer, delivering high quality and innovative MEP engineering solutions. Our project portfolio is impressive. We work on an extensive range of projects across all major sectors, many of which are high profile. We continually look at clever ways to overcome design challenges and we are not afraid to innovate. Our number one concern is the quality of the project.
Our long-established client relationships and reputation for quality mean that most of our business is repeat.
We stick to what we’re good at and encourage all of our people to influence the way things are done. We’re large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise our people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth. We have high levels of employee retention because our people like working for us, and many of them are the most skilled and experienced in the industry.
simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon you providing evidence of your right to work in the UK.
Our commitment to Data Privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates.