Are you a STEM postgraduate looking to get into the consulting sector? We’ll help get you there!
An industry-leading technology consultancy specialising in the public sector is looking for the best and brightest minds to fill 2 different consulting roles in their growing team! Work on huge public sector projects impacting the entire nation - clients including the Ministry of Defence, NHS, Fire Services and Police Force.
Who is the company?
- The firm provides exceptional consulting expertise to public sector organisations on some of the most critical and complex national technology projects and process transformations.
- Making the best use of emerging technologies to solve problems, the firm focuses on maximising benefit from ICT investments by providing pragmatic solutions.
What are the roles?
After some initial training in the office, you will join a project team and get stuck in right from the outset on client sites, gaining valuable experience in tackling a range of technical business challenges.
ROLE 1 - CYBER SECURITY CONSULTANT:
- The definition of security requirements and the options available for meeting those requirements;
- The development of IA strategies and policies;
- The delivery of security work programmes;
- The secure development and accreditation of information systems.
ROLE 2 - ICT CONSULTANT:
- Supporting large ICT procurements, including developing procurement strategies and documentation and evaluating bids;
- Providing technical assurance that the proposed solutions are fit for purpose;
- Explaining to risk owners and stakeholders the causes, likelihood and potential business impacts of information risks throughout the information system lifecycle.
Can I apply?
ROLE 1 - CYBER SECURITY CONSULTANT: they are ONLY accepting applications from candidates studying an NCSC certified Information/Cyber/Systems Security Master’s degree, alongside a Cyber/STEM-based degree. Someone with familiarity with the HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF) and the NCSC Information Assurance Portfolio, IA Standards, Good Practice Guides, Architecture Patterns, etc.
ROLE 2 - ICT CONSULTANT: they are specifically looking for those with (or studying for) a PhD or master’s degree in a STEM subject.
Due to a security clearance requirement, you must not have a dual-nationality and must have held a British passport for a minimum of the last five years
They are looking for candidates who:
- Achieved AAA at A-Level, and 1st Class degree
- Has good presentation skills and is able to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Logical, systematic approach to problem-solving - must also think creatively and laterally to identify the best solution
Practical, real-world impact: as the consultancy does not deal with private companies, you will not be working for deep-pocketed CEOs; your work will have a direct impact on making UK public functions more efficient and productive!
There is a clear and structured career progression path to senior consultant in as little as 2 or 3 years.
As this consultancy is a medium-sized enterprise, you’ll be getting much more focussed attention on your work and progression within the company, and you’ll also get a lot more exposure and mentorship by senior members of the company due to the flat office structure.
- Regular socials (previous events have included a murder mystery party and white water rafting!);
- Bi-annual discretionary bonus;
- Open, flat structure - the MD sits in the office with the team.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW:
ROLE 1 - CYBER SECURITY CONSULTANT: https://sanctuarygraduates.co.uk/cyber-security-consulting-role/?ref=ADZUNA
ROLE 2 - ICT CONSULTANT:
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in the role, and we will support you throughout the full application process. This is a free service.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Actica Consulting Limited
Up to £80,000 per annum + Bonus
more details »