Territory Manager – M25 Area
Role Purpose Statement:
This role is responsible for retaining, growing and gaining Food and Beverage (F & B) processing customers through the successful delivery of a differentiated hygiene value proposition comprising F&B division’s products, services & integrated engineering solutions
ROLE PURPOSE & SCOPE
Planning & Analysis
- Establish an annual, monthly and weekly sales activity plan.
- Establish a relevant annual, monthly and weekly service activity plan and ensure Hub scheduling with F&B admin team.
- Market /customer/competitor monitoring to support planning.
- Use the pipeline tool to plan and monitor sales process and progress.
Sales / Customer Relationship Management / Service
- Consultancy - hygiene chemical selection / technical & application issue resolution / first level optimisation of systems.
- Establish, verify & document hygiene plans and their parameters.
- Support Customers with routine and specialist hygiene concerns
- Execute surveys, prepare offers, present concepts and win business to meet annual plan.
- Build long-term relationships with key customer personnel, introduce new programmes and service concepts to customers, including management of field trials, in line with annual plans.
- Visit and develop new prospects.
- Manage the sales approach to all relevant levels.
- Get support from internal interfaces (Marketing, apps, admin support).
- Execute service strategy.
- Sales service reporting for the customer and Ecolab using Hub platform
- Pipeline reporting monthly.
- To understand fully the value proposition of the F&B division both in broad terms of consistent hygiene quality at optimised cost and specifically through the alignment of the F&B product / programme / equipment / service value in support of customers’ and prospects’ individual business drivers and needs.
- To use the divisional value proposition to negate the actions of competitors and promote the Ecolab F&B offer as value adding and different.
- Utilise and realise the above to drive sales in the territory through a combination of customer retention activities and new account gains, in line with the strategic objectives and annual sales plan for F&B division UK/IE.
- For CA customers and prospects in the defined territory, sales and service activities will be aligned with the annual plans driven by the relevant CAM.
- For SB customers /prospects in the defined territory, the sales pipeline and service provision will be agreed with your direct manager.
- Sales experience with clear sales and service „attitude“.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Vocational training / Apprenticeship / Engineering or Science degree.
- Technical, chemical and process knowledge in relevant industries
- Presentation and communication skills
- PC and electronic communication skills.
- Driving License
Size of Business/Sales Scope
Full responsibility for the sales turnover on the territory and the annual sales plan to increase the turnover. Typically territories have a turnover of £500K to £1M dependant on recent level of sales development.
There are no budgetary responsibilities with this role.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.