AECOM has a new role for a Senior P6 Project Planner to join our busy centralised planning division. We can be flexible when it comes to location but ideally are looking for a new team member to join us in the Manchester, Birmingham or London.
You will work as a Senior Project Planner and develop programmes (schedules) in P6 as directed by the Project Manager or the needs of the project. You will normally work one key project at a time for a long period and be moved over to the next with a guaranteed pipeline of work created by serving our business directly.
AECOM is a leading multi-disciplinary construction consultancy formed of over 8000 dedicated professionals in the UK. We are built to modernise, expand and deliver the most iconic and complex structures in the world. We offer a one stop shop to complete some of the country's most challenging building projects by leveraging our world-class talent, scale and unique service offering.
Programme and project scheduling. You will be able to undertake planning of major construction projects both in a Client environment and working alongside AECOM Project Managers to include all aspects of the service including defining Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), development of activity durations and logic, application of PERT techniques and network diagrams.
To clarify, you will be involved in projects across AECOM UK which will include large public infrastructure projects relating to roads and rail as well as building structures in the commercial, residential and healthcare sectors.
You will support the growth of the Project Controls team by ensuring collaborative working with the team and delivering work to the correct standards expected of this role and seniority.
- Training, software, system set-up and implementation support - Increasing the maturity of AECOM's approach to Schedule Management by helping augment training programmes, advice on software platforms, and building and operating the schedule management service.
- Leadership skills - Able to facilitate and lead on the development of schedules with Stakeholders at all levels
- Software Skills - Able to use leading industry standard software and tools such as Primavera P6, ASTA Power Project, Microsoft Project
- Business Development - Internal networking to develop new business and bid support to respond to external Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Extensive experience with Primavera P6 and Microsoft office suites
- Mandatory Professional Certifications
- Graduate level qualifications in a relevant construction / engineering discipline
- Good working knowledge of NEC3 contracts or similar
- Specific industry and project experience - water, defence, rail, highways
- Able to work in a Client office
- Membership of recognized professional institutions
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements.
Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity,The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 233117BR
Additional Locations UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Manchester - 1 New York Street, UK - Warrington - Birchwood Park
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.