SkyBlue is currently recruiting for a catering assistant in Stoke-on-Trent!
Key Responsibilities include;
- Prepare and / or serve food and drinks to accepted customer standards in a professional and courteous manner.
- Optimising retail sales and demonstrating high levels of customer service.
- Cleaning of catering and service all equipment to keep hygiene standards.
- Assist in the delivery of the function and vending service within time constraints and meeting stated requirements.
- Operate a cash register and handle cash in a safe and efficient manner.
- To maintain food safety and hygiene standards in your work area.
- Store goods correctly and use stock on a rotational basis to optimise sales and minimise food wastage.
- Respond in a timely manner to work activities.
- Responsible for mentoring, supporting and buddying new employees to share learnings and experience.
- To undertake visual inspection of equipment, prior to use, in line with H&S and training.
- Perform tasks wearing the correct uniform and protective clothing at all times.
- To participate in service audits with Supervisors and managers as required using paper or electronic equipment.
- Supporting "Continuous Improvement" to maintain/ improve both quality and efficiencies.
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as prescribed by manager and within scope of skill and capability.
Attributes of ideal candidate;
- Similar experience desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good Customer Care Skills.
- Able to work to agreed standards and follow work instructions.
- Efficient and organised.
- Basic skills training, e.g Food preparation, Basic Food Hygiene, Diet and Allergen awareness
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£8.60 per hour (rising to £8.72 per hour in April)
more details »