This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in developing and executing the Marketing and Social Media Strategy of a growth company that is at the forefront of developments.
Make your mark in Cardiff - Marketing Manager
Company: Better Boards Limited
Location: Cardiff, CF64 1SA – Tec Marina / home office in Wales
Reporting to: Managing Partner
Working Hours: full time; initially part-time would be considered
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000/per rata/year plus participation in an option plan after 12 months
About Better Boards:
Better Boards is an independent consultancy specialised providing evidence-based board evaluations and board development programmes. Our key contacts in organisations are Chairmen/women, Directors, Non-Executive Directors, and Company Secretaries. Better Boards is a thought leader in its space and is receiving seed funding from the Development Bank of Wales.
Establish Better Boards as a market leader for board evaluations and board development services.
Reporting to the Managing Partner, you will be a key hire in a growth company. You will be pivotal in developing the brand and contributing to making Better Boards the global go-to platform for board services.
You plan and execute national and international marketing / social media campaigns and plan events to drive growth and enhance Better Boards positioning in the market.
A background in law or as a Company Secretary and/or SaaS Marketing would be an advantage. What is a must is a passion for building a brand and desire to making a mark in your role.
You will be responsible for the planning and implementation of exceptional national and global marketing campaigns, delivered on time and within budget.
Thought leadership programs.
Content marketing activities.
- Develop, plan and deliver cross-channel marketing/social-media campaigns that strengthen the Better Boards brand and its positioning in the market within budget.
- Launch and run CRM, e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Write and proof copy for a range of marketing platforms and materials, including websites, social media, emails and brochures.
- Use digital channels and technologies to enhance the online presence of Better Boards.
- Manage and segment data, identifying gaps, developing new data sources, and implementing a data build plan.
- Continuously analyse and evaluate the Better Boards marketing campaigns to improve performance.
- Carrying out competitor analysis to identify potential threats and opportunities.
- Assist with thought leadership programs and PR activities.
- Carry out post-event research and analysis for each event and circulate a post-event marketing report to key event stakeholders.
- Create innovative and attractive events for Chairman/Company Secretaries.
- Identify and develop relationships with our partners and the growing Better Boards Community.
- Collaborate with the wider events marketing team to share ideas and best practices.
- Manage external suppliers to create industry-leading presentations.
- Minimum 36 months experience in marketing function at a law firm, management consultancy, B2B/SaaS environment, or other professional services organisations.
- Educated to BA/BSc level in Business/Marketing/Communications
- Excellent Social Media skills.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Experience of marketing automation tools and CRM systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Passion for building a strong brand and being in a start-up environment where the world is not perfect.
- High level of integrity. We are dealing with people who are at the top of an organisation. Strong communication skills and good manners are crucial.
- Willingness to take ownership of your work.
- Strong can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly when under pressure.
- Work with enthusiasm and take pride in who we are and what we do as thought leaders in our field.
- Great attention to detail. Company Secretaries are trained to spot the smallest of mistakes.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Excellent research skills and ability to make sensible commercial decisions based on the analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Freedom and flexibility.
- Results are more important than long hours.
- As a key person, you can participate in our option pool after 12 months.
If you believe that you are a suitable candidate and are looking for a fantastic opportunity to work with a company that is at the forefront of board development, then please click Apply and submit a copy of your CV for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.