DevOps Manager About the role
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Manager tojoin our innovative and forward-thinking IT department based in Wokingham.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the leading a team delivering and maintaining an enterprise DevOps platform and driving the adoption of DevOps tools across program/product teams. The candidate will have a deep understanding and experience implementing DevOps capabilities, such as, Agile Planning, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous Delivery (CD).
This role will also play a key part in our introduction of Agile development practices to our existing Waterfall methodologies.Our IT team:
You willget to work in a fantastic diverse engineering culture, operating in a model where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency.And most importantly, you will play a part in our digital transformation journey contributing to a company that is committed to building the secure, innovative energy systems of tomorrow, while caring for our environment.About National Grid
We are National Grid, and we are at the heart of energy. From heating homes to making sure businesses fire on all cylinders, we're using our engineering excellence to connect people and the planet. We're also looking to the future - innovating, inventing, and transforming - to make possible the energy systems of tomorrow. And that's why there's never been a more exciting time to join us and help us to make a difference to people's lives every day.About you
Now you know all about the role and about National Grid, here is what we want from you to be successful in securing this exciting position.
- Direct and proven working experience with DevOps concepts and activities including an understanding of industry best practices for Agile Planning, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience of supporting different development methodologies, able to work in the range from full Waterfall to full Agile.
- Experience building and leading a DevOps team that delivers and maintains a DevOps platform and enables project/product teams to leverage DevOps capabilities.
What you'll get
- Extensive DevOps Solutioning experience required, including experience designing and implementing robust CI/CD pipeline solutions.
- Experience in managing day to day support for the DevOps tools platform, consisting of tools, such as, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Ansible (one or more).
- Working knowledge of complex technology systems implementations, with ability to effectively communicate with technology business partners.
- Direct experience in software development life cycle.
- Experience applying DevOps processes to platforms which include relational and non-relational DBs, enterprise service buses, cloud and on-premise environments
A competitive salary as well as your base salary, a bonus of up to 15% of your salary for stretch performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, a salary sacrifice technology scheme, Private Medical Insurance for you, your partner and your family available through YouFlex programme, support via the employee assistance line and matched charity giving to name a few.What we stand for:
At National Grid, we don't just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. We welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds. National Grid's ambition is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. We are committed to building a workforce which represents the communities we serve and a working environment in which each individual feels respected, fairly treated, valued and able to reach their full potential.