ASOS burst onto the scene in 2000 and now has 9 country-specific websites, shipping to 240 countries. Our Head Office is based in London, along with several other key offices located around the globe, including the US, France, and Germany. We have 80,000+ product lines with 3,000+ being added every week. We have over 3.2 million visits daily and over 13 million active customers. Our ambition is to be the world’s no.1 online fashion destination for 20-somethings, therefore it is vitally important to us that we continue to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals. We look for people who are:
• Authentic • Brave • Creative If you want to work in a place where fashion and technology make perfect partners, check out some of our opportunities and get in touch! Writer
Empowering 20-somethings to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things At ASOS our 2,000+ ASOSers are immersed in the creative worlds, live on their mobiles and have a truly entrepreneurial attitude. As a company, we’re not trying to mimic or profit from youth culture – we are part of that youth culture. There’s nothing that excites us more than finding talent, fuelling it, then letting it fly. Whether it’s developing the careers of our staff or investing in a new tech platform, we love knowing that we truly keep fashion moving forward. Ultimately, we get excited by interesting individuals and we want to feed this individuality, empowering our people and customers to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things.
Based in London, and reporting to the Editor, this role is key in helping evolve ASOS’scontent proposition.
This role will combine creating copy for extended shopping pages (which we call ‘destinations’) with succinct headers and CTAs, push notifications and emails. You’ll be able to write short and snappy DPA and paid social copy as well as working with the SEO team on longer-form outputs. Equally, you’ll be able to write for internal and external communications when required, and across other ad-hoc projects for the whole business. You’ll be able to juggle multiple projects and be enthusiastic about writing for a brand with a strong editorial voice across multiple channels.
All your work will be underpinned by data and insight and you’ll work closely with the Editor and sub-editor to produce high performing content.
This role requires collaboration with the Analytics team, SEO, CRM, the Content Management team and the specialist multimedia creators, as well as with the translations manager.
What you'll be doing...
• Writing emails, push notifications, homepage CTA copy on a weekly basis. • Writing headers, sells and brand profiles where required. • Writing ‘destination’ content for our long-form shopping pages. This includes heads and sells and edit page headers.
• Liaising with the translations team to ensure copy is delivered punctually for them to translate. • Playing an active role in a culture of excellence and ambition within the team, initiating and driving forward new opportunities to meet and exceed KPIs and objectives. • Supporting the Editor in crafting a culture within the team that is positive, professional and ambitious for the department and the brand. • Demonstrate an understanding of both our MW and WW audiences and show an ability to switch seamlessly between the two different tones-of-voice and brand personalities. • Be the eyes and ears of the ASOS customer: continuously research and feedback on new socialappetite.
• Report findings and progress to the Editor and help recommend actions accordingly. • Provide copy support when necessary across womenswear, menswear and unisex campaigns, press releases, customer service, branded copy, internal copyetc. as directed by the Editor. • Write relevant and engaging content for email, SMS, push notifications and paid social targeting both our male and female audiences. • Write snappy, original and sometimes disruptive subject lines that will increase the success of open rates and click-through rate (CTR). • Collaborate with designers to create cohesive email themes.
• Liaise with CRM managers on all email requirements and schedules and ensure briefs are fulfilled.
We'd like to meet...
• From a writing background, ideally with a year or more experience at a fashion publication or a fashion brand.
• Plugged into 18-29-year- trends and online content. • Super-organised and able to manage their own workload. • Strong writing and editing skills - the ability to convey a message in everything from short snappy headline to a longer-form article. • Strong understanding of digital/online technology and its application across multi-channel content publishinginc.email, push and social. • Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
• An understanding of the ASOS core customer and their shopping motivations. • Passion for digital content and an instinct for creating content with a multi-channel approach. • Knowledge of/interest in CMS and digital publishing. • Basic Photoshop skills. • Passion for the brand.