Are you a Financial Accountant or Audit Manager thinking about a new role for the New Year?
Ben Johnson Recruitment have just been instructed to find a new Financial Accountant for one of North Yorkshire's fastest growing businesses as they continue to grow.
Reporting into the Head of Financial Reporting, you will join a friendly, professional finance function which can offer further career progression and personal development. Our client is interested in hearing from Audit Managers in practice or equally newly qualified Accountants (ACCA or ACCA) or financial accountants looking for a long term move.
Key Areas of responsibility will include:
- Co-ordinate year-end process of the annual financial statements for group and subsidiaries
- Prepare annual financial statements ensuring they are compliant with IFRS
- Develop a good working relationship with external auditors and tax advisers
- Provide technical accounting, regulatory reporting and tax insight
- Produce consolidation and disclosure models for the Group
- Suggest and deliver Finance change initiatives to ensure continuous improvement
You will have
- A good working knowledge of chart of accounts, accounting ledgers and reporting systems
- Working knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and statutory financial statements requirements
- Good planning skills and focus on delivery to deadline
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and support multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of customer service
What's on offer:
- A fantastic local employer with a UK wide presence who is looking to grow organically and via acquisition in the next few years
- Flexible hours and flexible working culture
- Clear career progression and mentorship support
- Generous benefits including contributory pension scheme, bonus potential and 25 days annual leave