We have a brand new opportunity available for a dedicated Lead Android Developer to join our Digital Mobile Platforms team. This dedicated team is made up of 200 colleagues globally who work across both business and technology functions with the common goal to ensure customer satisfaction through all digital touch points by creating simple, intuitive and delightful experiences. Specifically, you will work as part of the Pingit Mobile Payments App delivery team who innovative effective solutions to increasingly complex banking needs. We believe money should never get in the way of living life to the fullest. We're the app for the fast things, the groups things, the setting-money-aside-for-things.
• Accountable for end-to-end system technical designs to understand impact on applications / products within domain.
• Be responsible for coordinating a technical team of between 5 – 10 direct reports
• Control changes to end-to-end system designs to determine impact on applications / products within domain.
• Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Review and understand component designs to build knowledge and understand how these fit within an end-to-end system design.
• Mentoring and support for Android development team members
• Proven ability of working in an agile team following the Scrum methodology as well as being capable of leading a development team.
• Java/Kotlin Android application development
• Android unit testing
• Proven track record of successfully using different software development methodologies TDD, BDD
• Strong knowledge of application security principals, java cryptography and secure coding techniques.
• Android NDK development, knowledge of C/C++
• Financial services experience.
You will be working at our Technology Hub in the North East, located at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most individuals who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym and onsite parking.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: