Global Technology Infrastructure Services (GTIS) is a division of approximately 4,300 colleagues based globally. They are accountable for delivering and supporting resilient, secure infrastructure technology and services to customers, clients and colleagues.
Our Private Cloud and Middleware function sits in GTIS and is responsible for Iaas, Paas and middleware globally. Our mission is to provide a productive and flexible ecosystem of virtual machines, virtualized databases, containers and middleware products for our application development and owner colleagues.
We need a Private Cloud Engineer to be part of a team dedicated to the engineering of a true private cloud, responsible for the engineering (strategy, architecture, design, build, documentation and testing) of the software components that integrate our private cloud.
We are not trying to build a public cloud on premise, but bring our existing private cloud to the next level of maturity – we need your help!
• Perform technical implementation and delivery of features for our internal customers
• Responsible for configuration, development and testing of system components, supporting scripts and tools as required
• Self-service features such as API’s, CMDB and management portal integration
• Collecting, analysing and responding to user feedback
• Demonstrate new ideas and features to stakeholders
• Creating timelines and roadmaps for developing the product
• Increase our cloud maturity level through good automation processes
• Inspiring and enthusing colleagues and users of the product.
• Strong software engineering background in multiple programming languages, Java, Python, Golang or Perl
• Unix or Windows server familiarity
• Backend process integrations / automation experience on API’s
• Ability to work in an Agile capacity.
• VMWare vRA exposure
• Large scale PaaS exposure (platforms with tens of thousands of containers or applications)
• Excellent stakeholder management ability.
You will be working at our technology hub in the North West, located at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most people who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym, onsite parking etc.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: