Quality Auditor Technician (Nights)
Walkers Deli & Sausage Co
Sausages & Cooked Meats
- Job RefWDS7812
Back to search
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Auditor Technician (Nights). The shift is Sunday - Thursday 10 pm - 6 am based at our Walker & Deli Sausage site in Leicester.
Walker Deli & Sausage Co is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products.
We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
- Perform regular checks and audits (GMP, traceability, fabrication etc.) in order to monitor compliance with food safety requirements and prepare the necessary reports
- Calibrate scales, temperature probes and other measuring devices as per required frequency
- Collect micro samples, water samples and environmental swabs as per required frequency
- Monitor production lines to ensure product safety, quality and compliance with customer’s requirements
- Co-ordinate and take part in daily taste panels. Logging results into excel spreadsheet.
- Audit production documentation to ensure all paper work is filled in correctly and regularly
- Assist customers complaints investigation and to ensure completion of corrective actions within required time scale
- Issue next day control sheets, ensuring correct dates and products.
- Conduct meat and non-meat ingredient audits to assess supplier compliance to specification
- Seeing through of internal corrective actions
- Conduct all QA checks at Canning Place (off site ingredient storage) to the specified schedule.
- To perform ad hoc tasks as required by Quality and Technical managers.
- To support operational team with queries.
- Assist QA team Leader with daily, weekly, monthly tasks.
- To prepare cook/cool data for the QA Team Leader/QA Manager
- To conduct non-conformance investigation.
- To conduct CCP Audits and be part of Internal Auditing Team.
- Ensure all employees understand and follow the sites personal health and hygiene standards.
- Audit the procedures in place for foreign body controls including glass & hard plastic audits
- Complete routine traceability exercises to meet Customer and Charter Standards.
- Raw material inspection and gathering information for supplier non conformance reports.
- Investigate customer complaints
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focused on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Experience from within a related quality / technical role within food manufacturing OR educated in a food related discipline
- Knowledge of food safety legislation, quality processes and HACCP highly advantageous
- High attention to detail, personable with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Capable of working on own initiative with good organisational skills
- A self-motivated team player
- Good understanding of food safety, GMP and basic understanding of microbiology
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Full and clean driving licence
What we have to offer:
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.