Regional SHEQ Advisor Liverpool, Merseyside/Wakefield/Chester-le-Street c£43k DOE & Qualifications Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
If you are an experienced safety practitioner looking to take your career forward, this is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet and make a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of food service businesses to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Regional SHEQ Advisor to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Regional SHEQ Advisor, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet whilst ensuring that the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues remains paramount. This role will involve travelling to support our colleagues in multiple locations, but primarily focusing on sites in Liverpool, Wakefield, Wolverhampton, Chester-le-Street, Cumbria and Glasgow.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment - We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career - We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What do we expect of each other?
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business - We collaborate to enable us to be the best we can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
This the role that’s on offer for the right person:
- The chance to support the delivery of the SHE strategy - Get involved in establishing and maintaining systems and processes that ensure we are not just compliant but operating to the high standard of safety we demand - The opportunity to develop and maintain formal accreditations, i.e. ASO 14001, 45001, & 9001 - The opportunity to deliver a tangibly safer workplace for everyone within Olleco
A little bit more about the role:
- Develop and deliver SHE training to employees and support the roll-out of a group-wide training initiative - Ensuring that any near miss incidents, hazards or actual incidents are reported - Conducting accident investigations - Supporting the running of SHE committees - Ensuring that regular audits are completed - Liaising with external regulators - Contributing to continuous improvement initiatives
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills, and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward! We will be looking for:
- A trained risk assessor - Knowledge of environmental systems and legislative requirements - Strong IT skills, including MS Word and Excel - An undergraduate degree or equivalent - A full, valid driving licence
As a Regional SHEQ Advisor you will:
- Be organised and proactive - Have an excellent work ethic and can do attitude – we work hard to deliver because we are passionate about safety - Have the willingness to learn – we are always striving to be better - Possess great IT skills – we like to work in a structured and organised way – our systems and records allow us to do this - Have an IOSH Membership – you’ll need a professional safety qualification that allows you to be a member of IOSH – whilst we’d prefer NEBOSH, we don’t mind which qualification – we just want to see that you have a minimum level of knowledge and that you are committed to a career in safety - Have a full, valid driving licence (essential), so you can travel to our sites regularly, see what’s happening on the ground and build those super important relationships
To apply for the role of Regional SHEQ Advisor, please select the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Risk Assessor, SHEQ Advisor, SHE Advisor, HSE Advisor, H&S Advisor, Health & Safety Consultant, SHEQ Consultant, or Senior H&S Co-ordinator.