The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
'Information Security Consultant' required to take an integral role within the IA Security Team and work within a team of peer Senior Consultants and Consultants to continue developing and delivering upon the growing business portfolio. The role includes being a key Senior Consultant delivering the full range of Information Assurance activities across the Public Sector, HMG and Defence sectors.
Role primarily includes the following responsibilities:
- Delivering Information Security support to security projects through the development lifecycle (from inception to product implementation).
- Providing ongoing client partnership (not one-time consultancy), delivering Information Assurance advice and guidance to support the development and maintenance of the full range of security documentation and assurance as part of the overall integration of security within business-as-usual activities.
- Partnering with businesses and technologies to research and provide security guidance for strategic projects involving new technologies or concepts (i.e. moving a core application to cloud, developing mobile applications, implementing new authentication technologies or encryption techniques).
- Ensuring non-compliance, justification, mitigation controls and residual risks are appropriately captured and articulated in business terms and advising information security deficiencies or risks to relevant stakeholders and escalating risks to business partners and Senior Information Risk Officers (SIROs) as appropriate.
The position requires the ability for the individual to establish and maintain trust-based partnerships that build environments and deploy technologies in a secure manner, thereby truly positioning security as a business enabler.
The position will also involve Consultant mentoring, ensuring continual professional development of information assurance best practices and standards across the team.
Understanding and experience of:
- HMG / NCSC / UK MoD security accreditation processes
- Principles of best practice under ISO27001:2013, 27005, 22301, Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials Plus, NIST, FAIR
- Cross-government security accreditation
- Threat and vulnerability identification and assessment
- Technical risk assessment
- Technical security control development and implementation
- Experience of customer consultancy services such as advisory, requirements capture
- Flexible approach to working locations and tasks to meet customer needs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to undertake problem solving and analysis. They must be process driven, and have an eye for detail, automation and efficiency to improve programs/processes. As well as ability, they must have drive and motivation to research and provide the right guidance and find possible solutions.
In addition, the candidate must be:
- A team player with a flexible and pro-active approach to work with the ability to work autonomously but able to seek guidance when required.
- Able to work in a fast pace challenging and demanding environment with changing priorities.
- Forthcoming and proactive in suggesting new ideas and identifying areas for improvement or enhancement.
- Able to demonstrate determination and a ‘can-do’ approach.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP);
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM);
• ISO27001 Implementer/Auditor.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.