Contract details: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours + 2 sleep-ins
Part-time hours also available
Aged 23 or over
Full driving licence
Able to work on a shift pattern which includes sleep-ins
Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
Inspirations is a residential Children’s Home catering for 3- 4 young people aged 6-18 years. Employees will be providing 24/7 care to vulnerable young people with the aim to improve their life chances and progress.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be able to provide and maintain a high quality of care and support which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and cultural needs of vulnerable children and young people within the care of Inspirations.
· Manage challenging and unacceptable behaviour and help young people gain self-control and build resilience skills.
· Attend to practical matters in relation to childcare (cooking, cleaning, general maintenance around the home, etc.)
· Ensure that the young people’s care plans are up to date and that all their care needs are being met.
· Provide a positive role model to be able to offer advice, guidance, and assistance where appropriate.
· Be able to maintain and record information and plan meetings or reviews as directed by the line manager.
· Empower young people and facilitate their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future.
· Act as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of discussion.
· Encourage the young person to develop links with the community, attend activities, and expand their personal social network.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Degree Six Recruitment Ltd
£17500 - £21000/annum + £60 per sleep in shift
more details »
From £17,500 to £21,000 per annum + UP TO £50 Per sl…
more details »