Waverley Preparatory School is a nationally renowned independent Pre-Prep, Prep School, and Nursery, located in Wokingham in Berkshire. We are extremely proud of our consistently strong national academic rankings – ‘Best in Berkshire’ and currently 22nd in the UK. We believe that we achieve these outstanding academic results by providing a stimulating yet nurturing educational environment for all our pupils, aided by a very strong management and staffing team.
The Senior Management Team now seeks to appoint a talented and inspirational Form Teacher for KS1 or KS2, who will enable us to maintain and improve on our academic performance, whilst continuing to offer the care and support which our pupils thrive on.
WAVERLEY SCHOOL KEY FACTS:
• Waverley is a single form entry school with maximum class sizes of 20.
• We offer a broad curriculum, challenging pupils to achieve and reach their full potential.
• The core ethos of Waverley is a personalised child-centred teaching approach, coupled with a strong family ethos.
• Standard school hours are 8.30am to 3.30pm, although we run an optional wrap-around care system from 7.30am – 6.00pm.
• The school is purpose-built with a modern well maintained building and new classroom equipment.
• Consistently strong academic results, with many of our Year 6 leavers also attaining scholarships to Secondary Schools.
THE ‘IDEAL’ CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE ALL THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
• A committed team member with presence and good communication skills
• Work experience as a Form Teacher in a similar working environment
• Teaching experience in the Primary and/or preparatory sector
• Experience and knowledge of contemporary methods in Primary education and assessment systems.
• Familiarity with the ISI and/or Ofsted inspection processes.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of success in developing pupils and challenging them to excel
• IT literate and the ability to apply this skill in the educational environment.
• Maths teaching and games teaching skills.
• Salary up to £35,971 depending upon experience.
• Discounts available for school fees for children of staff.
Closing date: 5.00pm, 24th February 2020.
Interviews to be held week commencing 2nd March 2020.
To apply for this position please use the attached application form or email email@example.com, or call the School office on 01189 731121.
Waverley School & Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: