A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join award-winning Journey Latin America as we celebrate our 40th year as the UK’s no. 1 specialist in travel to Latin America.
In the words of Conde Nast Traveller, “no company has more first-hand knowledge of its subject than Journey Latin America”. In order to maintain our market leading position, our tailor-made travel consultants need to be single-mindedly passionate about Latin America, with a depth of travel experience, and knowledge of the region to match their enthusiasm for it. If this is you, and you are looking to be part of a successful, established, growing and ambitious company where you can indulge your love of Latin America and be richly rewarded for it then we want to hear from you.
As a Journey Latin America tailor-made sales consultant, you are the face of the company – a company that lives, loves and breathes Latin America. Articulate, confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated, you will handle enquiries from a varied and demanding range of discerning clients from initial point of contact right through to their return from holiday. Using your extensive first-hand travel experience, product and geographical knowledge and your passion for Latin America, you will design and sell thoughtfully crafted once-in-a-lifetime holidays that not only match your particular clients’ interests and budget, but exceed their expectations, ensuring they become positive advocates of you and the company.
• Take on enquiries covering the whole continent, liaising with prospective clients primarily by phone and email but also face to face at occasional travel shows or client events.
• Produce unique, considered and accurately costed holiday quotes and accompanying high quality covering letter and documentation.
• Progress efficiently towards closing the sale. This includes pro-active follow ups and ensuring any itinerary revisions and client queries are responded to promptly.
• Book all travel arrangements including flights, hotels, excursions and ground transportation with our local partners, ensuring confirmations received are accurate in cost and content.
• Take full ownership of the accompanying administrative tasks, including the production of the final travel documents.
• Exceed challenging but realistic monthly and annual sales targets and meet Key Performance Indicators including consistently outstanding customer service feedback.
• Attend regular product training, both internal and external, and ensure up to date knowledge is maintained through self-learning and a passion for the destinations.
• Support Marketing, Product and Customer Service department initiatives as required with trip reports, sharing client feedback and occasional written content for the website and brochure.
• Be prepared to travel to Latin America on educational trips to learn about, research and experience the product you will be selling.
• Work closely with your sales team colleagues, offering support and advice where necessary, handling and progressing absent colleagues’ bookings to the same high standards as your own.
Knowledge and experience required:
• A minimum of two years tailor-made travel experience, or in a relevant sales, customer service or travel-focussed role.
• Demonstrable passion for and geographical knowledge of Latin America having lived, worked and/or travelled extensively in the continent (min 4 countries).
• Experience using a GDS (preferably Amadeus)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• A polite manner with the ability to easily develop rapport with a differing range of personalities
• A first class and consistently positive approach to customer service and care.
• Target driven and sales-motivated.
• Strong attention to detail, an organised approach to work, a well-developed sense of responsibility and the ability to set and achieve high standards.
• Ability to prioritise a high workload, multi-task and work to strict deadlines.
• Flexible, co-operative and positive approach to work, prepared to take on extra tasks, solve problems and support colleagues as required.
• Ability to be proactive, work independently, under pressure and unsupervised plus the desire to contribute to the success of the team.
• Resilience to the inevitable setbacks that come with the territory in a sales-focussed role and a willingness to learn positively from them.
• A market-leading, highly competitive basic salary.
• Uncapped commission earned on every booking and generous team and individual bonus incentive schemes.
• 28 days annual leave (incl bank holidays) increasing with service.
• Excellent pension scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income Protection Insurance against long-term absence from work
• Regular FAMs to Latin America. Typically at least once a year for two weeks at a time.
• Supportive of personal holidays to Latin America with fantastic negotiated offers and staff discounts.
• Access to staff discounts and ‘friends and family’ special offers from sister companies in Der Touristik UK travel group
• Free fresh fruit
• Cycle to work scheme
• Modern, spacious offices with well equipped kitchen, shower room and secure cycle parking
• An informal, sociable company culture with a summer and Christmas party, regular fun fundraisers, quiz nights with prizes and reward nights out.
• Within easy walking distance of Chiswick and Hammersmith’s great selection of shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs etc... We are next to the one of London’s loveliest stretches of the River Thames and have numerous parks and green spaces on our doorstep.
If you are keen to work with the UK's number 1 specialist in travel to Latin America, please email your CV, a covering letter and detailing relevant work and travel profile (including areas visited and travel dates) to: Antonio Vaquero by clicking "Apply"
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: