We are currently seeking an experienced commercially focused Pre-Contracts Manager to join an innovative, family run SME, based in the South Region. In this role you are responsible for the co-ordination of all commercial, technical, costings and specification aspects of the proposal and the project before it starts on site, in line with the brief of the Project Director and Head of Pre-contracts.
The ideal candidate would have previous 'man management' experience who can support and oversee the workload of existing Pre-contract managers. You must also hold specific 'Commercial D&B' Experience in order to be considered.
- Responsible for leading a project pre-sale in the following areas
- Value Engineering
- Technical Design
- Specification writing
- Site Surveys
- Liaising with client as required
- Obtaining contractor quotes and ensuring best value
- Validating costings and programme with Operations before final presentation or where seen fit.
- Liaising with Design during the costings process.
- Ensure the design is compliant
- Production of pre-sale construction programmes – to be validated by Operations.
- Ensuring all the above areas are produced and completed in a timely fashion in accordance with project milestones.
- Ensuring the timely and complete delivery of all handover material to operations once order is secured.
- Providing guidance to design on finishes budget.
- Work with the team to meet or exceed objectives and target set by management in all areas.
- Responsible for ensuring amended JCT contracts to always be validated by Operations before signing
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
- Previous man management experience
- Minimum of 5 years pre-contracts management experienced
- Ability to work in a team communicating and liaising with other team members to hit common goals and deliver projects.
- Outstanding team player who constantly demonstrates a collaborative and inclusive approach.
- Has strong personal discipline, good time management, has an ability to prioritize and to coordinate work load.
- Ability to work with attention to detail
- Good personal discipline, organisation skills and ability to develop and adhere to systems and reporting.
- IT Literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to work with CRM
- Previous experience and knowledge in the construction, fit out and refurbishment industry.
- Driving Licence
- Build strong customer relationships exceptional service and a ‘can do’ attitude that surprises customers.
- Monday - Friday 07:30 - 16:30 (flexibility required)
- Salary between £60,000 - £70,000 per annum DOE
- Bonus Structure
- Travel expenses
- Free Lunch Provided
- 20 days holiday + 8 days BH
- Pension contributions