Job Description:Job Title:
Security Operations Centre Team ManagerLOB:
Global Information SecurityCorporate Title:
Up to Vice PresidentLocation:
One of the world's leading financial institutions, we have 57 million customers ranging from individuals to businesses to governments and we are committed to growing responsibly. We've been building meaningful connections in Europe, the Middle East and Africa for 90 years, and you'll find our 200,000-strong workforce in more than 35 countries worldwide.Business Unit overview:
Our Office in Chester are currently recruiting for a Security Operations Centre (SOC) Team Manager to work within our dynamic and innovative Global Information Security line of business.
The Global Information Security team is responsible for information security strategy, policy and program. This includes managing and operating a global security operations centre and developing, deploying and managing a risk-based controls portfolio.
You will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of monitoring and triage activity during the EMEA timeframe as part of the global Cyber Security Defence 'follow the sun' model (24 x 7 x 365). By identifying, on boarding and optimising level one processes so that the SOC analysts can perform initial triage for other operational teams that ultimately own a control or process.
A good customer relationship is critical between partner operational teams in order to support legacy processes, as well as to identify new opportunities ongoing. A customer-service and consultant mind-set is important so that there is a purposeful, proactive effort to help partners/customers discover opportunities in level one processes, whether that be through transfer of new work to the SOC, or the optimisation of existing work through efficiencies and automation.Responsibilities:
- Delivery of SOC function during the EMEA core hours
- Working within the global Cyber Security Defence 'follow the sun' model
- Leading and supporting the EMEA SOC team
- Day to day management of SOC analysts
- Ensuring the SOC team are escalating issues in a timely manner with appropriate information regarding risk, action times, and root cause analysis
- Be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work effectively with technical and non-technical business owners
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with executives and stakeholders in non-technical terms while accurately encompassing risk, impact, likelihood, containment and remediation activities
- Maintain clear, consistent, accurate and dynamic documentation
- Proactive relationship building and maintaining of existing relationships
- Maintaining documentation of playbooks and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Previous SOC environment or incident response experience
- Excellent analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
- Experience with Information Security related activities
- Familiarity with security vulnerabilities, exploits, malware and digital forensics
- Awareness of most operating systems, particularly Linux/Unix and Windows
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with a sense of urgency
- Be an experienced people manager
- Basic knowledge of common operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.) and basic endpoint security principles, networking services and protocols (TCP/IP, SSH, FTP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SSL, etc.)
- Basic understanding of common security technologies (IDS, Firewall, SIEM, etc.)
- Understanding of common security threats, attack vectors, vulnerabilities and exploits
- Good experience in Cyber Security, Incident Response, or a related field
- Knowledge of common security analysis tools & techniques
- Prior experience detecting and analysing security events and/or responding to security incidents
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to their audience
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and take action without causing any undue delay
- Supportive and can work well leading a team, as well as independently
- Hands-on experience with common security technologies (IDS, Firewall, SIEM, etc.)
- Search query language basics (SQL, Splunk, etc.)
- Programming experience (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of regular expressions of most operating systems, particularly Linux/Unix and Windows
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package.
Learn more about our benefits here .
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
For more information on our commitment to ESG, visit about.bankofamerica.com
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.