Field Service Engineer
- Telecare and Security.Overview:
To undertake the servicing of Telecare, Warden Call, Access Control Systems, including Door Entry/Fob Access Systems and Automatic Swing Door Operators. The job role also includes undertaking installation work (Equipment and Wiring) as and when requiredHours of Work:
Standard Hours of 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday 8.30 am until 5.00 pm (on-site ) in addition you will be on a call out a rota of 1 in 2Remuneration:
£25,000 to £35,000 per annum (Depending on Location, Qualifications, and Experience).Objectives of the Post:
To provide the highest quality repair and maintenance service to the full range of company and third-party products in an efficient and professional manner, continually meeting or exceeding given performance targets as directed by their Service Manager. The jobholder shall at all times consider the needs of the customer first and be able to demonstrate exceptional customer relationships and interpersonal skills. Field-based staff provides a high level of technical expertise and quality of workmanship in the repair of our client’s products. The overall service provision is necessary 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Customer expectations are continually increasing and there is a focus on fixing a fault on the first visit. Additional 'value-added' services, such as preventative maintenance checks, provide a significant proportion of service revenue. It is a fundamental requirement that these expectations can be met through the dedicated application of technical, interpersonal and customer relations skills which positively promote the Organisation in the delivery of world-class service.Duties:
Experience, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- To repair and maintain existing equipment and systems across the full range of products.
- To continually exceed performance targets as set by the Regional Service Manager in the areas of productivity, quality of workmanship, first fix rate, stock control and attendance at work.
- To demonstrate a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of all the company's core products both in their repair and functionality.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and first-line repairs to key products and systems to ensure potentially disruptive issues are pro-actively averted.
- To provide technical assistance and training to other members of the team and customers as directed by the Company.
- Identify issues that lessen customer satisfaction and actively participate in their resolution and future prevention, while adhering to the company's policies and procedures.
- To be able and willing to work outside geographical boundaries, to demonstrate co-operation and flexibility in meeting the demands of customers throughout the business.
- Assisting with installation related activities such as; site visits/commissioning/surveying etc. Undertake installation work. The ability to commission new installations prior to their hand over ensuring maximum customer satisfaction.
- To be a highly motivated and enthusiastic team member positively promoting the Company as a world-class service provider.
- Be part of a standby rota to support all company products These are measured on a regular basis. A utilization rate that consistently exceeds the minimum targets as set by the Company exceeds the current KPI targets as set by the Company.
- Essential Undertake CRB check or similar as directed by the company policy.
- A good understanding of basic electrical and Electronic systems/principles.
- An electrical/electronic qualification equivalent to or above an NVQ level 2 or similar.
- Full driving license.
- Be able to demonstrate problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Be able to demonstrate Customer focus – the customer comes first Be able to demonstrate effective team working including mentoring/coaching and training others.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective time management & planning skills.
This Job Description represents the usual duties and requirements of the position, however, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties in line with their capability, training, and level of authority.
- A pass at ONC level, equivalent NVQ Level 3 or demonstrable alternative in a technical discipline (specifically Electrical or Electronic Engineering).
- Comprehensive and in-depth technical understanding of the Electrical and Electronic systems /principles.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of networks and IP based systems Deputise for Senior Engineer.
- The job holder is expected to be able to demonstrate competency in analyzing and solving technical issues and flexibility in undertaking a range of duties from preventative maintenance checks of current/future systems through to repair of the company and third party products.
- As a team player, they will be highly motivated towards achieving both the Company’s and their own personal goals. The jobholder should be alert to issues surrounding customer dissatisfaction and opportunities for business development and utilize the escalation paths for both.
- IEEE 18th Edition Certificate.
- The Company reserves the right to change the job description in consultation with the job holder.
- The job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment.