Following the continued success of the team and a number of further recent high profile client wins, we are looking to recruit an additional Solicitor who will play an active role in the continued growth and success of the team in collaboration with our wider practice in the North, nationally and internationally. The successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to form part of a prestigious and highly ambitious team.
The team deals with a variety of matters, including:
Construction and Engineering Insurance:
- Our specialist Construction and Engineering Professional Indemnity teams in Bristol, Manchester, Leeds and London act for Insurers and their Insured Design & Build Contractors and Construction professionals in defending construction and engineering claims, including high value complex matters. The (LEEDS ) team act for clients including AXAXL , Allied World , Zurich and QBE. The team works very successfully in advising insurers and in representing insured construction professionals in a wide range of claims. The successful candidate will have a firm focus in this area of the team's work.
Construction and Engineering Dispute Resolution:
- The team acts for a full range of leading industry members on a wide range of contentious issues, including claims over time, money and defects. It provides project-based advice to help clients manage out difficult issues and to avoid disputes. If a dispute does then arise, the team has substantial experience in all methods of dispute resolution – both formal and informal. The successful candidate will also gain exposure to this area of the team's work.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified solicitor (circa 0-2 PQE). Experience of construction and engineering matters and / or professional indemnity claims preferable although not compulsory.
- Very good relationship and client handling skills, commensurate with experience.
- Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a good level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Willingness to work hard as part of a highly ambitious and driven team to help it continue to develop and to achieve its objectives.