Spire Leicester Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Biomedical Scientist to join our experienced and dynamic Laboratory Team.
Founded in 1989, Spire Leicester is a high performing hospital with a great track record in superior patient care. We practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging and diagnostic technology, meaning we can offer everything from screening, rehabilitation and cutting-edge surgical procedures in specialist fields like orthopaedics and cancer care.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the organisation, management and development of services provided by the laboratory
- Liaise with the Laboratory Consultant and the Laboratory Manager, to ensure the provision of the high quality services, in an efficient and cost effective manner
- You will plan, analyse, assess and report on pathology investigations
- Interpret and report information and knowledge to your colleagues
- Develop and evaluate the movement of laboratory specimens, blood and tissues
Who we're looking for
- Degree qualified, HNC Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent which would allow you to be eligible for Associate Membership of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Biomedical Scientist with the Health & Care Professions Council
- Supporting the commercial development of pathology services locally
- Experience in a scientific laboratory
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
Pleases see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Hannah Radford on [... Click Apply...]or [... Click Apply...] For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.