General Practitioner - Dermatology Department - Wirral - £ [... Click Apply...] per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced general practitioner, to join a Dermatology Department based in Wirral.
The successful general practitioner will undertake new and follow up consultations of patients referred to the community dermatology service by GPs in accordance with guidance from the lead consultant and the supervising consultant. This will include diagnosis of the full range of dermatology conditions and initiating medical and surgical treatments, including phototherapy, in a community clinic.
As a General Practitioner you will be expected to:
- Undertake new and follow up consultations including a full assessment of the medical condition, the patient's concerns and expectations. The post holder will enter full details of history, examination findings, diagnosis and treatment plan in the case record.
- Follow care pathways for the common skin problems as recommended by the Consultant Dermatologist.
- Prescribe treatment only for the presenting complaint and in accordance with the dermatology formulary and prescribing restrictions
- Offer only those treatments or surgical procedures, which are within the scope of the contract between Virgin Care and the CCG, taking care not to undertake procedures, which are excluded from the contract.
- Ensure that patient or carers are informed fully about the condition, answer any questions, supply written information if available and involve them in decisions about the treatment
- Dictate a letter to the patient's GP at the time of the consultation for every patient and arrange to review the letters and amend as necessary to an appropriate timescale.
- Discuss or refer a patient for a consultant opinion within the community service avoiding practice outside his / her level of competence
- Undertake appropriate surgical procedures only after training and directly observed practice has taken place and been signed off.
- Order appropriate investigations, making sure that pathology request forms are filled in legibly with full clinical details.
- Take responsibility for seeing and taking action on all results, including writing to the GP and patient.
- Work with other members of staff to deliver a high quality, patient-centred service including attendance at staff meetings
- Participate in Audit and evaluation
- Participate in teaching and training, particularly skill transfer to primary care staff
- Undergo annual appraisal and participate in clinical governance
- Comply with GMC standards of Good Medical Practice
- Undertake all required Postgraduate training and development to maintain skills
- Work flexibly within the service to maintain a consistent standard, which may mean undertaking duties for other doctors who are on leave.
Requirements of this General Practitioner role include:
- GPVTS trained or equivalent
- Diploma in Dermatology
- Accreditation as GPwSI in dermatology
- Experienced practitioner of dermatology eg work as Clinical Assistant in a hospital dermatology department or GPwSI working alongside a Consultant
- Working currently in primary care
- Demonstrates clarity in written and spoken communication
- Good interpersonal skills, courteous to patients and staff at all times
- Enthusiastic team player
For more information please email [... Click Apply...]