The Phoenix Works, Tonik Energy's sister company, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to support the design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment for domestic, commercial and public sector clients across the UK. The Phoenix Works is a renewable energy company specialising in electric vehicle charging infrastructure and Solar PV installations across the UK. This really is an exciting time to join The Phoenix Works as it has recently teamed up with Tonik Energy to deliver the next phase of renewable energy and technology propositions. Both businesses share a common goal of driving the uptake of renewable technologies to tackle both climate change and fuel poverty. Together, over the next 3-years, Tonik and Phoenix plan to rollout over 10,000 electric vehicle charge points and deploy a mass market solar and battery storage solution across UK homes and businesses. Be part of the revolution.
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out technical survey’s on proposed installation locations
- System design, electrical design and equipment specification
- Creating quotations
- Customer liaison
- Build a close working relationship with Account Managers who will assist with day-to-day enquiries
- Complete project planning and management, client liaison and management of site operatives
- Installation crew management and support
- Auditing of completed installation
- System registration and notification
- Technical support
- Electrical design background
- Experience in the design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment (desirable but not essential)
- Electrical qualifications such as; 18th Edition, 2391/2394/2395/2396 City & Guilds or similar are desirable
- Excellent computer and literacy skills to include working knowledge of Windows based software programmes Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of electrical design programmes would be an advantage
- Experience managing projects from inception to completion ideally in the EV sector
- Brilliant positive attitude – friendly, personable, trustworthy and honest
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills and able to manage time effectively (for both themselves and others)
- Good sense of fun and humour, wants to actively contribute to building a brilliant, caring culture
- Is a self-starter. Looks to find solutions and seeks out new opportunities where they can add value rather than waiting to be asked
- Has great attention to detail. Is able to consistently deliver ‘right first time’
- Naturally kind-hearted. Caring for others come naturally to you. Doesn’t get hung up on job titles or building empires
- Driven to make a positive impact on the world and our business
- Full UK driving license and wiliness to travel with some over night stays.
You will be based out of The Phoenix Works HQ in Farsley, Leeds. You must be able to travel to visit sites to undertake technical surveys around the UK as required.
- Salary £37,500 - £45,000 per annum
- Use of company van for work travel
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Pension Plan
- Health Care Cash Plan – company funded Cash Plan covering dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Also gives you access to a 24/7 online GP, Employee Assistance Programme and over 4000 online discounts!
- Gym on site with free access at HQ
- Subsidised coffee shop on site at HQ
- Regular social and team building outings
- Be part of the revolution!