Established in 1994, Axis Security has grown to become one of the UK’s leading security companies. Axis Security offers a wide range of professional security services which include manned guarding, reception services, mobile patrols, key holding, remote monitoring, and security systems.
Axis Security has been named Security Guarding Company of the Year at the 2018 Security Excellence Awards (SEA) years.
Axis Security also won the award for ACS Champion of the year in 2017 for its commitment to raising standards and creating a safer environment.
We are an ‘Equal Opportunities’ employer.
Job title: Shift Manager
Location: The Minster Building
The role is crucial to the successful running of the day-to-day of the Security Operation. As a Shift Manager; the role demands a high level of man management and customer services liaison to deliver an effective and efficient physical security provision. Furthermore, the Shift Manager should also have basic knowledge of the Data Protection Act (DPA) as the role also requires extensive CCTV knowledge.
Pay: £ 13.33 per Hour
Hours: 42 per Week
To ensure the smooth and effective day to day running of site-based security team. To keep the Building Management Team and Contract Manager informed of ALL incidents, and to ensure that agreed levels of service and contractual requirements are achieved to the very highest standards.
To act as a first line support for shift officers who encounter incidents or difficulties and escalate to the Security Manager, building management team and Metrus Helpdesk if necessary.
Always have a positive attitude and outlook, be in the frame of mind where you can do your job and change the working environment for the better and excellent level of appearance.
As One of the Shift Managers, you need to ensure your team maintain consistent high level of discipline and deliver the business expectations.
The Shift Manager’s duties include the following, this list is by no means exhaustive and may have tasks added or deleted in time. They are broken down into Daily, Weekly and Monthly duties
- Supervising our client’s site to deliver a professional service on behalf of Axis Security
- Liaise with the Site Manager or Account Managers when required to escalate relevant site issues
- Ensure 100% compliance with the Assignment Instructions for the site
- Ensure health and safety requirements are met at all times
- Provide first line response to all incidents in relation to fire, security and health & safety matters
- Support the team of security officers deployed to the site
- Ensure all security officers meet the requirements for the site
- Provide training to security officers when required and challenge poor performance
- Ensure all staff are updated with any changes in company policies or client expectations
- Able to complete accurate Incident and Accident Reports and send to Development Management Team and Security Manager.
- To carry out staff appraisals as instructed.
- To carry out any investigations as required and to ensure reports are completed.
To be suitable for this role you must meet all of the following criteria:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a security environment.
• Minimum of 12 months competence position training.
• Man, management experience.
• Strong influencing skills.
• Computer literacy, experience of various software packages, with excellent keyboard skills essential.
• Valid SIA security license.
• Team developer leading by the highest example
• Client focus
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: