Established in 1994, Axis Security has grown to become one of the UK’s leading security companies. Axis Security offers a wide range of professional security services which include manned guarding, reception services, mobile patrols, key holding, remote monitoring, and security systems.
Axis Security has been named Security Guarding Company of the Year at the 2018 Security Excellence Awards (SEA) years.
Axis Security also won the award for ACS Champion of the year in 2017 for its commitment to raising standards and creating a safer environment.
We are an ‘Equal Opportunities’ employer.
Job title: CCTV/Control Room Officer
Location: EC3R, London
Role Purpose: The CCTV duty officer will take charge of the Guard Patrol System and ensure each shift database is downloaded, checked and saved. Any anomalies will be escalated to the Security Manager for action. The team will also be able to provide brief weekly report and statistics from the patrols database and any other incidents across the site.
Pay: £11.28 per hour
Hours: 42 hours a week - 4 days 4 off 4 nights roster
CCTV operator will have expert knowledge of the Data protection act and its principals in relation to use storage and investigations of CCTV.
Be the first point of call for advice and information on CCTV and data protection and GDPR within the team.
- Punctuality: - Arrives before the shift start time, books on duty and is active on site at the shift start time, complying with ‘Assignment Instructions’.
- Communication: - Is polite at all times, demonstrates quality customer service, has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Escalates any issues of concern or risk to the relevant management.
- Deters Crime:- Appears focused and alert, seeks to identify potential risks and takes action to mitigate any threat.
- Maintains DOB:- Completes an entry for each day, documents license declaration, records breaks and all relevant daily operational information.
- Dress Code:- Is dressed in required uniform including correct shoes. Maintains good personal hygiene and cleanliness of uniform.
To be suitable for this role you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be smart and well presented at all times
- Have an SIA SG/DS/CP license and SIA CCTV license.
- Be polite, helpful and diligent, with a ‘can do’ ethos
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to provide the highest standard in customer service
- Have previous experience in the security industry
- Be flexible and reliable to meet the role requirements
- Have a calm personality capable of controlling difficult situations
- Be able to work without supervision and also as a member of a team
- Have a full five year checkable work history and required documentation to be vetted
-Have passed and hold a CCTV licence and training with the SIA
-Can evidence knowledge of CCTV legislation and limitations of use within the security environment
-Technical experience in the use of CCTV systems including tracking, PTZ and zoom features
-Be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate proficiency in use of CCTV as an investigation tool and prevention tool for security.
-Be able to collate and generate data from CCTV to enhance the security programme and auditability
-Be able to evidence examples of where CCTV has been used to good effect in Health and safety or crime prevention within a security role
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: