Head of Finance
Mission Driven Saas Company
Part Time - 1-2 days p/w
We are looking for an experienced, process-driven Head of Finance with a hands on approach to join a 40 person mission driven Saas based business in London. Working alongside the CEO, you'll manage the finance function of the business, establishing robust controls and processes; evaluating, streamlining and automating.
You'll evangelise for better processes and help embed a culture that matches your values. You'll also become a key part of the forecasting and strategy planning cycle, by providing detailed and insightful financial analysis that will help steer the short and long-term goals of the businesses, whilst also providing operational support where necessary.
This is an excellent opportunity for a confident and collaborative finance professional to transform the day-to-day financial operations of a rapidly expanding business and steer the future of that business with keen insight and in-depth reporting.
- Manage the full finance function of the business, and provide oversight of HR and legal processes.
- Improve and implement where necessary systems and processes across all finance streams (Invoice management, revenue management, payroll, budgeting and controlling, tax etc)
- Establish robust financial controls and and an efficient monthly closing process
- Solution implementation (preferably Xero)
- Provide detailed and insightful financial analysis to shape the strategic direction of the company and drive the forecasting/planning cycle.
- Develop and guide a talented team by creating and implementing best practices.
- Assist with future fundraising efforts and investor relations alongside the CEO.
Background and skills:
- You've got experience as a Head of Finance / hands-on Financial Director at an SME level, plus full accountancy qualifications.
- You have experience of implementing and automating systems and processes in order to streamline efficiency.
- You have strong analytical reporting skills with advisory experience - you're comfortable both making sense of data and then explaining that sense to others.
- You're a hands-on and proactive individual who can also think and deliver strategically; used to being both a thinker and a do-er.
- You're strongly process-driven, dedicated to evaluating and improving processes.
- You've got the excellent communication skills (and the patience) needed to explain tricky or non-intuitive concepts.