This Technical Program Manager (TPM) is responsible for tracking the programs with RP fab partners, including the fab transfer to production, volume ramping, and qualification/onboarding of new partners. The TPM is also responsible to coordinate efforts among RP team and fab partners, as well as internal and external customers. Following the process transfer, the technical project manager is responsible for managing the flow of production, identifying critical elements for resolving to ensure there is a smooth transition to production within cost, quality, and capacity parameters.
*This list is not all inclusive. Additional duties will be assigned as needed.
- Technical Program manager for the comms program and any other programs as assigned
- Understand the goals and objectives and work with PIM and fab partners to create an overall transfer plan with associated phases
- Create, maintain and track list of deliverables from the transfer program
- Based on risk assessment and gap analysis work with foundry partners for SLS and development milestones needed as pre-cursors for overall transfer for full lots to be able to run through to completion. Track and report execution of these phases
- Develop the lot planning and forecasting methodology in close conjunction with the foundry partners and the PIM:
- Model for early stage and new developments. This includes definition of deliverables, together with PIM for the technical points (e.g. yield).
- Model for matured phases of the process. This includes definition of deliverables, together with PIM for the technical points (e.g. yield).
- Transition form early to mature phases and impact on schedules
- Based on model work with foundry partners to seek ways for executing faster learning cycles
- Program mgmt support for the assigned PIM'S including:
- Joining relevant Process mgmt team meetings with fab partners and internal teams and record minutes
- Action item generation, assignment, and tracking to closure
- Primary schedule coordinator between the Process integration manager, the Rockley process Mgmt. and team, and the foundry partners:
- responsible for triggering new lot start request based on process development needs
- must understand material position status for all development lots and also early production lots
- use the lot planning and forecasting method to maintain predictable schedules for upcoming activities and critical lot milestones
- create status and tracking reports needed by the PIM to co-ordinate the partner activities
- Primary logistics coordinator between the Process integration manager, the Rockley process Mgmt. and team, and the foundry partners:
- arrange and track all material transfers between fab partners
- create visibility and reports so that fab partners can be prepared in advance for upcoming receipts, guaranteeing these includes incoming/outgoing inspection and related criteria for acceptance to proceed
- escalate and manage the execution of actual lot transfers per plan
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly summary for leadership and executive views, which must include ongoing gap analysis between needby and forecasted output dates and lead the process of generating contingency plans when needed
- Lead the transfer of Planning to Operations team post ramp. Includes:
- setting up inventory model and staging points
- calculating and sharing lead time
- capacity and bottleneck analysis
- Support recruitment forecast, interviews, onboarding and training new talent as needed
- could grow into management position
- Include in the plan any longer-term process that is being developed in the R&D fab and might gate or affect the process at the transfer/production fabs. Responsible for tracking outcome and schedule also of these activities, coordinating with program manager at R&D site.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering or CS, Masters strongly preferred;
- Program management certifications are a plus;
- 10+ years of experience of complex multi-disciplinary project and program management experience
- Demonstrated success of bringing complex programs to market and working across functional teams and across geographic regions
- Should have broad experience in platform and optical component development with experience/exposure to silicon development, silicon photonics development, package development, PCB development, platform hardware development, and software/firmware development;
- Must have a track record of successfully delivering a product to the market on time and to customer expectations;
- Broad technical background with experience spanning silicon, software and hardware design;
- Possess good planning skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to probably assess and escalate issues with the right risk level and priorities
- Companywide Values, Customers, Results, Excellence Innovation and Teamwork
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these US export laws without sponsorship for an export license.