Rugby League World Cup 2021
Fixed Term (Full time)
21 February 2020
2 March 2020
We have a ‘start-up’ culture with a ‘high bar’ mentality to everything we do - we need to ensure that all touch points of the tournament are world class.
We require innovators and have to create an environment where all our teammates flourish.
We have a leader-leader culture (not followers), with each teammate taking responsibility and accountability for their actions and results to move the business forward - we want people with a glass half full mindset!
We move at pace and have plenty to achieve in the next two years, so need people who are hungry to use their skills and experience but also have a desire to learn more.
With a great choice of rewards and training, we provide a progressive culture to learn and develop your career.
You’ll be responsible for providing assistance to the sponsorship sales team at RLWC2021 in helping to secure commercial sponsors and partners.
You’ll be keeping up to speed on business news, being tenacious to create and follow up leads, supporting the creation of proposals and documents, and using research and data tools to develop an insight led approach to engaging the business community.
We want to bring the RLWC2021 vision to life for businesses and support the development of mutually beneficial partnerships to meet the brand and business objectives for both the tournament and our partners.
We’ve made good progress to date with Eversheds Sutherland, Deloitte and Manchester Metropolitan University all announced as RLWC2021 Official Partners. With the RLWC2021 now less than two years away, we require an exceptional sales executive to join the team and to continue building this momentum.
Providing support on sponsorship sales initiatives, including:
• Researching new prospects and staying up to date with current business and sponsorship
• Developing an insight led sales approach and extracting data from tools we use.
• Creating and attending meetings, taking notes and following up with actions.
• Updating the sales pipeline and database.
• Supporting the creation of compelling sponsorship presentations and proposals.
• Supporting the delivery of RLWC2021 tournament objectives via new sponsorships and partnerships.
• Representing and networking as an ambassador for the RLWC2021 at events and meetings.
• Assume additional duties as required, and actively contribute to RLWC2021 values.
Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
• Good understanding of sport (particularly the commercial side of it).
• An interest in corporate news, with an eye for new business opportunities.
• Ability to interpret data and insight.
• An excellent communicator.
• Enjoys multi-tasking, working in a fast-paced environment, and being part of a small and agile team.
• Ability to take ownership of workload and deliver timely solutions.
• Strong attention to detail.
• High computer proficiency.
How to apply
The successful candidate with report into the Head of Sponsorship Sales.
To apply please send an email with “Sponsorship Sales Executive” in the title, including a covering letter of why you think you’re suitable for the role, and an overview of your experience via a CV to:
The closing date for applications is 21 February 2020.
Interviews will be held week commencing 2 March 2020.
The Rugby League World Cup 2021 is committed to equality through diversity.
More information is available at rlwc2021.com.